Forums
April 26, 2024, 12:27 AM

Author Topic: Using D3D9Wnd: Alt + Tab not working as it should on Windows 10  (Read 1329 times)

Offline spikespiegel

I'm using D3D9Wnd to run the game with DirectX9 and Windowed mode. I'm on Windows 10.
Enabling the option NoTopmost in wkD3D9Wnd.ini won't fully unpin the mouse. Every time I play I have to manually unpin the mouse using Control + T twice, if I want to be able to multitask. Is there any way to leave the unpin feature enabled?

Offline Sensei

Re: Using D3D9Wnd: Alt + Tab not working as it should on Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 06:11 PM »
Having troubles with d3d9wnd lately as well. When alt+tab I can't actually go out from the game to another window (chrome, discord, etc..). I see them appear but it doesn't wanna go into any. So I need to go back in the game and shift+esc (minimize). It also gives me red cursor in the middle of a screen, plenty of times, even when alt+tab works. So I need to do double alt+tab to get rid of it. Most annoying part of it all is that sometimes taskbar is shown in the game while playing and there's no way of getting rid of it, except restarting whole pc.

Don't know why. This all started maybe a week ago. Guess we need to be patient and wait for 3.8 to fix it!

Offline spikespiegel

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 07:20 PM »
Having troubles with d3d9wnd lately as well. When alt+tab I can't actually go out from the game to another window (chrome, discord, etc..). I see them appear but it doesn't wanna go into any. So I need to go back in the game and shift+esc (minimize). It also gives me red cursor in the middle of a screen, plenty of times, even when alt+tab works. So I need to do double alt+tab to get rid of it. Most annoying part of it all is that sometimes taskbar is shown in the game while playing and there's no way of getting rid of it, except restarting whole pc.

Don't know why. This all started maybe a week ago. Guess we need to be patient and wait for 3.8 to fix it!

It's been ages since I last played, so now I decided I was going to live stream, only to find OBS can only capture the game screen if I use Directx9, but then I can't alt tab. The only solution I found for this is by using Window Mode then pressing control+ T in game twice, this will unpin the mouse, then allow you to use Alt + tab properly, but still that's pretty annoying.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 07:50 PM by spikespiegel »

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 07:51 PM »
also have similar problems

Offline spikespiegel

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 10:30 PM »
also have similar problems
You mad bro?

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 11:56 PM »
Try Ctrl+Esc instead of Alt-Tab

Also try Ctrl-G to unpin the mouse

Offline spikespiegel

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2020, 06:56 AM »
Try Ctrl+Esc instead of Alt-Tab

Also try Ctrl-G to unpin the mouse

Ctrl + Esc gets the same result as Alt + Tab, but worse, because it opens the start menu.
Also, ctrl + G has no effect whatsoever.

Offline Senator

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 07:52 AM »
Hmm, I don't have problems with alt tabbing.

Did you try to Alt + Tab, keep holding Alt and then click the window you want to go to with mouse?

You can also try if disabling fullscreen optimizations helps (right click WA.exe, properties, compatibility, 'disable fullscreen optimizations').

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2020, 10:34 AM »
i don't have fullscreen optimizations on