Forums
April 29, 2024, 01:01 AM

Author Topic: W:A on Mac OS X  (Read 846 times)

Offline THeDoGG

W:A on Mac OS X
« on: March 18, 2013, 08:41 PM »
Hey dudes,

Any chance to play WA on mac ? I'd like to not install a VM :S But seems like WA is for windows only D:

Offline chakkman

Re: W:A on Mac OS X
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 08:44 PM »
You could try this: http://worms2d.info/Installing_WA_on_Mac_OS_X. No idea how good Wine works on Mac OS tho... you could always install Windows on your Mac tho. :P

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 09:10 PM »
Ow yeah thanks Chakk!! there is a wiki about it! I have everything but macport, i use brew D:
I will try this wiki tomorrow :)
thanks m8

Offline ANO

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 09:22 PM »
I am a mac user...

I have snow leopard on this mac and I have a partition of windows, you can install it with bootcamp...

Next month I m going to take a new one and I wanted to try again with wine... When I tried wine and parallel desktop and virtual machine, some time ago, they sucked, all of 3.. dunno if something has changed now... let me know if you will try them ...

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 01:30 PM »
hmm i am under snow leopard also, but what is bootcamp ? Some virtual machine ?
Unfortunately I don't have enough free space to install it :/ I used virtualBox previously but I suspect it to be responsible of my 2 HD crashes :X

Offline ANO

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 02:40 PM »
no, bootcamp is a tool-utility that allow you to install Windows on a partition of the disc.

To run windows xp you still need a boot-CD

Follow some guides on google how to install windows, is really easy, but follow a guide, there is some trick that I've forgotten atm...

I suggest you 20 giga for windows and worms...