Forums
May 05, 2024, 06:58 PM

Author Topic: What's a good keyboard to roper? (Models)  (Read 3049 times)

Offline ShaggY

What's a good keyboard to roper? (Models)
« on: February 28, 2016, 10:43 PM »
Hello, i purshed a new notebook, and my kb is very tiny. I supose that many players had this trublee. Anyway, do anyone know a good keyboard (model) to roper?

Offline ANO

Offline TheKomodo

Re: What's a good keyboard to roper? (Models)
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 11:19 PM »
Doug, there are other threads in TuS with this topic but i'll write here anyway:

If you have the money, the Logitech Illuminated k740 is the best keyboard i've ever had.

Not only is it incredibly fast and precise for roping, it's lightweight and fairly quiet when tapping.

It's extremely comfortable to type with and looks fantastic.

From what i've been told avirex, barman & statik use it also, I have been told there are other very skilled players who use this keyboard model, as well as even more players who use other Logitech Illuminated k series keyboards.

Remember, if you order online, from certain websites, you should have a 7 or 14(maybe more, maybe less) day period where you can return the item if you aren't fully satisfied with your purchase. You could use this to test a few and pick the one you like most, as each player has their own personal style/preference.

@ANO -  If someone pulled over in a car and asked you for directions would your reply be W W W DOT GOOGLE DOT COM?

Offline biscuits

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 11:20 PM »
k95 ?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 04:26 PM by biscuits »

good game W:A Steam reviews

courtesy of "gloom" for allowing me to use this signature, it's the best ;)

Offline ShaggY

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 11:45 PM »
Looks like fenomenous kb.. But i need some less expensive!

Offline vesuvio

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 02:06 AM »
a snes controller with 3spacebars return and weapns on shouler buttons

Offline barman

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 05:24 AM »
Logitech Illuminated has had a reputation of being every serious wormer's go-to KB for a couple of years now. If you can wait till you can afford it, look no further.
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline ANO

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 08:39 PM »
@ANO -  If someone pulled over in a car and asked you for directions would your reply be W W W DOT GOOGLE DOT COM?

Nono Komo, I would simply give wrong directions... on purpose ahahahahu

Seriously, in the link I gave there are tons of discussions and informations, even from people who are not currently writing in this forum and reading them could have been pretty valuable and exhaustive.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 08:50 PM »
I have been using the Steelseries 6gv2 for a while now, a couple of years. I know a few people tried it but didn't like it so much - based on that I cannot recommend it even if it works for me.

I might order the k740 just to see if it is better - I feel like I am missing out.

Offline biscuits

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 09:09 PM »
k95 ?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 04:26 PM by biscuits »

Offline theredi

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2016, 09:11 PM »

Seriously, in the link I gave there are tons of discussions and informations, even from people who are not currently writing in this forum and reading them could have been pretty valuable and exhaustive.

yes but some people are lazy about one things, and some about others... i was also thinking about kbs but i didint want to go through the old topics, and now BOOOOOOOOOOM!!! finally i know that i should try k740 aeee tx for some recent data, cheers

btw im using g11, anyone know what type of kb is it? because im still thinking about differences in roping on mechanical, k740 is not mechanical? g11 is quit good, i even bought second one already it was cheap coz used but not used for roping i suppose so space is pretty virgin, but its different when pushing arrows, dunno if coz they are too fresh or something f@#!ed up ;P
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:15 PM by theredi »

Offline biscuits

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2016, 09:14 PM »
k95 ?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 04:27 PM by biscuits »

Offline ANO

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2016, 09:17 PM »

yes but some people are lazy about one things, and some about others... i was also thinking about kbs but i didint want to go through the old topics, and now BOOOOOOOOOOM!!! finally i know that i should buy k740 aeee tx for some recent data, cheers

btw im using g11, anyone know what type of kb is it? because im still thinking about differences in roping on mechanical, k740 is not mechanical?

i believe the g11 isn't mechanical. personally for an old game like worms... i think you're better off without a mechanical. as long as their is no keylock on arrow keys + spacebar you're good.

I have been using g11 for a lot of time... I have just put some paper under arrows and key spaces (I broke the spacebar longtime ago). It works well... as any other keyboard you have probably to adapt it a bit to your style and touch... but it also depends on what kind of person you are. first of all, you should ask yourself, who the f@#! you are... then you chose what to do.

Offline theredi

« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2016, 09:24 PM »

I have been using g11 for a lot of time... I have just put some paper under arrows and key spaces (I broke the spacebar longtime ago). It works well... as any other keyboard you have probably to adapt it a bit to your style and touch... but it also depends on what kind of person you are. first of all, you should ask yourself, who the f@#! you are... then you chose what to do.

i assume u read what i added after biscuits quoted my post but i`ll post it one more time coz someone might miss it coz so many quotes:

g11 is quite good, i even bought second one already it was cheap coz used but not used for roping i suppose so space is pretty virgin, but its different when pushing arrows, dunno if coz they are too fresh or something f@#!ed up ;P

yee i think that like i said arrows are too fresh so i need to adapt to them coz its same model and i cant imagine what could be wrong with these arrows if they are working, but it feels so wierd when worm reacts totally different when u use the rope on same model but different kb

btw what was the benefit of using paper under keys?

btw how i can know who the f@#! i am? i can only assume, but who can be sure? thats not the question for this topic...

Offline ANO

« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2016, 09:39 PM »

i assume u read what i added after biscuits quoted my post but i`ll post it one more time coz someone might miss it coz so many quotes:

g11 is quite good, i even bought second one already it was cheap coz used but not used for roping i suppose so space is pretty virgin, but its different when pushing arrows, dunno if coz they are too fresh or something f@#!ed up ;P

yee i think that like i said arrows are too fresh so i need to adapt to them coz its same model and i cant imagine what could be wrong with these arrows if they are working, but it feels so wierd when worm reacts totally different when u use the rope on same model but different kb

btw what was the benefit of using paper under keys?

btw how i can know who the f@#! i am? i can only assume, but who can be sure? thats not the question for this topic...

Well, try to put some paper under keys... do you know how to do it? They will be very responsive... In fact I believe that g11 arrows take too much time to touch the engineering, therefore there is quite a lot of delay before they activate the command. Try with some paper, even the feeling will be much different.