Forums
April 29, 2024, 03:35 PM

Poll

Would you like to be able to rate your own game

Yes
No

Author Topic: [Suggestion] Rate your own game  (Read 1289 times)

[Suggestion] Rate your own game
« on: January 22, 2010, 09:03 PM »
Hey,
I  just played a league game hoorayyy :). But I saw that i'm not able to rate my own game :(.
I love the rating system but I think it's not enough active. The main raison is, I believe  because people don't have enough time to download all replay to see if it's good or not ^^.
A possibily would be to be able to rate your own game. Since you've played it, you know if it's worth seing it or not.
What do you think dude ? :)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: [Suggestion] Rate your own game
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 09:20 PM »
zippeurfou, Hi :)
You know at first when I coded rating games it was like that. Everybody could rate his own game. But it turned out, people rate 0 for the game they lose and 5 for the games they won. That's why we banned players to rate their own games. :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 09:27 PM »
Ah ok, that's sad :(.
Because now, nobody rates the games :(.
I really love this feature, sometimes i like spend time seing people tactic in elite/T17.., must think of something to make it more attractive   ::)

Maybe you could forbid people to vote 0 or 5 for their own game but i'm not sure it would resolve anything.

Also, I remember a worms league (can't get the name on it) where you had a lot of mini games like chess and if someone was leading (got the high score) a mini game you could see it in his profile.
I really liked that, maybe you could implemant it in the next version of the website. :)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 09:38 PM »
What is the mini game exactly? You mean like arcade games?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 09:41 PM »
What is the mini game exactly? You mean like arcade games?
yes :).

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 09:47 PM »
I remember this thread. Pretty old but people didn't follow it, maybe you can take it to a destination this time: ;)
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/tus-discussion/arcade/

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 09:52 PM »
ok thanks, i'll give you a list :)

Offline darKz

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 10:47 PM »
IIRC WEL coded by Mil2 (also SMF-based) had that arcade stuff.. And also cl2k in its late stage. Was really nice imo. :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 10:54 PM »
Aw lol, I was a moderator of WEL that's why i remember that ^^.
I made a quite exhaustive list on the other topic. :)

Offline pr

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 07:52 AM »
yep, games were nice. I remember them at xtc. It was pretty popular until everyone abandoned it :)

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 11:11 AM »
Well, this topic is now useless. I think you can close it.
The debate now is to find a way to make people rate the game.
Or to make people understand that when they win it's not worth a 5 and when they loose it's not worth a 0 like limiting the number of 5 or 0 you can put by day like there's with applaud and smite :).