Forums
May 10, 2024, 10:46 AM

Author Topic: A suggestion  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• You'll never walk alone!
    • View Profile
A suggestion
« on: February 15, 2010, 07:54 AM »
Well Im sure some1 mentioned this earlier in some post, but cant be arsed looking for it, and its better 2 post a new topic so ppl will  notice.. :)

I was just wondering if it would be a good idea 2 make the clanner playoff a 8 team PO aswell. With the a minimum numbers of games (50) to reach them  of course.. I think it would make the clanning more active and more clans would have something 2 reach and aim for. And for sure there will be more excitement around a 8 team PO also. If u look at clanning now u have only 3-4 clans playing against eachother most of the time, and most played around 2-10 matches or so. And u dont need 2 worry bout activity (thinking 8 team PO wouldnt get the matches in the PO played in time) cause if clans play 50 matches in a season they will be able 2 play a PO aswell in most cases.

Its just an idea.. :)

Edit: I can see some1 saying; ya but its not enough active clans for this, but I think that if u make it so that its easier 2 reach PO, more clans will see they dont need a really big winning percent or rating 2 get in it. the way it is now u need 2 play like 100 matches and win most of them 2 qualify by season points, and clans give up after a short while cause they see they wont reach PO anyways.. :) I think this might boost the clan acitvity some.. at least get more clans involved in it.. :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 07:58 AM by Uber »

-You think you are pretty smart, but is was not me, and you became dumb.   Phanton.    <3

Offline Ray

Re: A suggestion
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 09:33 AM »
Somehow I remember that it is already like this, in case eight clans reach the qualifications to participate in the playoffs, then there are eight clans. Is that right?

Offline Maciej

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 09:47 AM »
Or maybe take 6 clans to PO and make 2 groups per 3 clans where everyone fights against everyone and 2 bests go up, then just normlay known PO?

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 09:50 AM »
How about 7 clans to PO, every clan plays versus every clan every scheme in best of 5? lol

Offline darKz

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 11:44 AM »
Every clan should qualify for playoffs.
Not. :P

On a more serious note, are there actually 8 active clans? lol
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Ray

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 11:49 AM »
Unfortunately not... But as I said, I remember our clan being selected on #5 for PO, so if there were 8 active clans who qualify for PO then the system would put 8 clans into the PO.

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 11:59 AM »
If po would be with 8 clans, there should be at least 10 or more active clans imo. PO isnt for everyone, just the bests go there, neither theres no point why to play. And that makes clans to play more to reach PO. I guess it would take ages with 8 clans tho:P
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline Crazy

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 12:21 PM »
Every clan should qualify for playoffs.
Not. :P

On a more serious note, are there actually 8 active clans? lol

I`d say we have about 12-13 active clans, but only some of them are in the category superactive ;P

Offline chakkman

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 04:03 PM »
6 clans with 75 or more games this season, if that isnt active then what is it? :) The system should stay with 4 playoff ranks though, more would not make sense i guess, as you can see 4 of the 6 clans that played the most games are actually in the po's, so the playoffs are also v likely to be played. Take 8 clans, including 4 not-so-active clans and it ll be hard to get the po games played...

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 05:04 PM »
As I said; the clan needs at least 50 matches in the season 2 be qualified.... So if there is less then 8 clans with 50 matches then the case closes itself.. But maybe if ppl are aware of they can reach PO as nr 5-8 also they might play more clanners.. All of a sudden we have 10 clans with more then 50 matches a season... :) 50 clanners is the minimum so u wont find a clan like mk there with 2 matches played etc, eventho they have season standings at nr 7atm.

-You think you are pretty smart, but is was not me, and you became dumb.   Phanton.    <3

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 05:12 PM »
The problem I see about this is that, we kill ourselves to make the 4 clans play their PO. What it will be making 8 to play?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 05:39 PM »
I can see ur problems bout that. But I mean, no offense 2 the clans that qualify thru overall points but I think they are the biggest problem. If a clan like taG or RoH or cfc that played over 100 matches in a season, they wont have any problems getting the PO done. If a clan is active they wont have any problems. The problem is when in-active clans, or at least clans with few active members reach PO, and they want their best lineup available for the PO..  It might be a little 2 optimistic this suggestion, I was just looking for some opinions :)

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 11:15 PM »
4 clans is fine, its always been 4 clans for playoffs,never 8 and clan leagues have been way more active than this in past with 4 clans making it. Maybe improve make it so it stays as 4 clans but they need 40 or 50 games.