Forums
April 26, 2024, 01:11 AM

Author Topic: Another Idea  (Read 1268 times)

Another Idea
« on: July 27, 2014, 09:11 PM »
i know wormers hate long posts so ill be short here and use diagrams;D

it may look common but psychologically it would motivate players to stay active

bullshit idea yes no maybe yes?

Offline Peja

Re: Another Idea
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 09:48 PM »
nice job impo, u have my support.

Offline Fenice

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 10:19 PM »
Cool idea.

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 10:27 PM »
good idea  ;)

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 10:39 PM »
forgot to mention, i see it happening after all stats reset

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 07:07 AM »
Let's do without the bullshit: shit idea.

You can't guarantee winter winners will stay around for summer.

It would be a hassle getting them to play.

It's not rare for someone to win a season and take a multi-anual break.

Is there a reason for this other than "ideas because i can"?

edit: why the f@#! did you put a title to a mspaint diagram lol
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 07:37 AM »

Because he can!

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 08:53 AM »
Let's do without the bullshit: shit idea.

You can't guarantee winter winners will stay around for summer.

It would be a hassle getting them to play.

It's not rare for someone to win a season and take a multi-anual break.

Is there a reason for this other than "ideas because i can"?

Ropa is right, people active in one part of the year are not guaranteed to be in the same clan or even be playing worms once the playoffs roll around.  Playoffs already barely get played when constrained to a timeframe of a few months.

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 09:14 AM »
Would it be possible to play some league games while in PO month? If not, that should decrease activity, because only few wormers will be proceeded to the Playoffs

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 01:11 PM »
ropa, dont act like its unsolvable problem. There are many ways to make it work, for example clan gotta stay active for all 4 seasons to reach year PO, and if they are not there is always runner-up clan who can replace them;D

Offline darKz

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 01:53 PM »
Clans are already struggling to make the limit for playoffs in a single season, let alone annual playoffs. Even if there are 4 clans in the playoffs every season, chances are some of them will not be able to participate in the annual playoffs. You would end up with some low-tier clans because others can't make it, I doubt this would satisfy anyone really, or help the activity in any way.

You should've come up with this a few years ago when it was actually possible.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Senator

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 03:27 PM »
I guess the rationale behind this is giving more attention to playoffs and with less seasons, more respect for the season winners. But like Xrayez said, it should be still possible to play league games during the playoffs. The problem is how to motivate people playing if played games count into overall ranking only during the playoffs.

I think this would require additional full season league tables like "season 2015-2016". Players would have X number of games to get as high ranking as possible (best X of all played games so player could play more than X number of games).

Then this system would remind of tennis with full season ranking and four seasons like grand slams. I don't see why there should be "year finals" in addition.

Offline Triad

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 03:27 PM »
What about if someone/a clan wins more than 1 playoff? For example what would happen if a clan wins all playoffs?

Idea looks good in theory but you gotta have anwsers for every possiblity. :) Good luck.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 04:28 PM »
Sorry guys, I don't want to run your dreams, but in my opinion this idea has one minor problem: who the hell will code it? :D It seems to me a little bit too big change considering how active MI is nowadays.

For first try we should just reduce the game played and winning ratio to reach playoffs and let's see what happens. Clanners are dieing, coz there are about 4 active clans playing each other so it's kinda "hard" to make all of them to reach playoffs with a winning ratio >50% :D Please reduce the games to be played to reach playoffs and remove winning ratio >50%!!! If clans will see that there is a change.. or even better.. there WILL BE playoffs, then they will start to play clanners.. there won't be 10 active clans immediately, but maybe in 2 seasons there will be ;)

Asking MI to make a new system is kinda funny (if not, then I apologize really!!).. but making some little changes in this system and advertise it in #AG (with a bot that even I could make fast) to get new players hopefully could do the trick!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 04:34 PM by Tomi »

Offline skOrpuz

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 04:31 PM »
Sorry guys, I don't want to run your dreams, but in my opinion this idea has one minor problem: who the hell will code it? :D It seems to me a little bit too big change considering how active MI is nowadays.

For first try we should just reduce the game played and winning ratio to reach playoffs and let's see what happens. Clanners are dieing, coz there are about 4 active clans playing each other so it's kinda "hard" to make all of them to reach playoffs with a winning ratio >50% :D Please reduce the games to be played to reach playoffs and remove winning ratio >50%!!! If clans will see that there is a change.. or even better.. there WILL BE playoffs, then they will start to play clanners.. there won't be 10 active clans immediately, but maybe in 2 seasons there will be ;)

Asking MI to make a new system is kinda funny (if not, then I apologize really!!).. but making some little changes in this system hopefully will do the trick!

I agree