Forums
May 02, 2024, 10:22 PM

Author Topic: backend changes discution  (Read 31 times)

backend changes discution
« on: November 10, 2012, 02:51 PM »
Hey dudes,
Note all I am saying is to point out what in the backend is in my opinion not optimal. My suggestion are to be discussed and I hope you'll find more things.
Here are my two cent on what should be done in the back end. Let's discuss about it and come with something great :).
My opinion is that the site is way too much forum based. The website dynamic and the forum should be separated in order to be easier to understand the site.
At the moment I can see 3 main things that are in the forum and should not be in my opinion:
-Cup/tournament/Challenge hosting
-Complaint
-Website help (that include https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/tus-discussion/tus-navigation-(how-to-find-a-page-in-tus)-343/ most of the announcement here https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/leagues-general/)

I think a form for the cup/tournament/challenge hosting would be good.
The complaint part has to be a little more elaborated. If it is player involved you should have a form that will send a notification to the admin. The one +clan leader (for clanner) involved in the complaint should receive a notification.

The report page could be improved. It is not very user friendly and a bit long to do.
The deal here is that we have lot of information from the replays itself. The problem is that you have to upload the replay in order to get them. Something nice has to be thought about it.

From the replay log you can already know if it is a 1vs1,2vs2,3vs3 .
Quote from: wa log
Red:  "xTdCxfada"  as "1clanner=2hours!" [Local Player] [Host]
Blue: "ckc`crash`" as "messiiiiiiiiiiii"
Also since you asked people in their profile what is their wn nick you can auto fill the buddy part, It would help to fight against alias a bit. You can also extract the scheme.

-Add sound to notifications on IM
-Show your online buddy list "in a fb" style (not sure it is really backend)

In order to help new people to find tus a system should be implemented. My idea is to add something like this:
Look for a game ---- [ x ]Clanner
                                [ x ]Single
People searching for a game [clannerNumber][SingleNumber]

I am also thinking about some icon near your tus nickname to show you are looking for a league game (like a stars or a worms...). If we go this way we could add another one with donator because to be frank even if the color are cool. I think it makes people lost. Even myself I thought Professor was an admin when I saw him post in blue. And of course add some medal (like in soccer world cup stars) to previous tus winners.

What you guys think ? What am I missing ?

Offline Perfect

Re: backend changes discution
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 04:50 PM »
Good stuff, fada. I agree with you as well about the backend being a bit confusing and not at it's peak.

I would like to keep in mind the current state of activity in WormNet and the attempts we are going to make here to keep the community together. With that in mind, perhaps having this site with it's forum influences is a good thing. Sure it could be super optimal and have a backend trouble-ticket systems, but not everything should be put a side back system. Wormers need to see that stuff is actually going on in the forum. More pit pockets on the website will further distance the relationship we receive from worms via this ultimate site. Not only that, but this is creating more work for MI. If the WN were to grow a bit more, and after redesign takes place, then maybe then will be a preferable time to talk about more functions.

Report page: I suppose it can be tweaked a bit. Drop down boxes, opposed to JavaScript, would be more user friendly when choosing clan/buddy-names/scheme. This is very minor of course. Everything automated allows for more issues, though it would be cool if it auto populated. Though I would be concerned about margin of error and cpu-host requirements. I also wouldn't want to put MI to work. That guy needs a year off.

Finding TUS/Clanners: Great idea! maybe a little box on the side that has a green dot next to clans or players who are down to play some tus. Maybe there can be a button that stays lit for 30 mins. IM notification sound would be helpful. But again, I'm not advocating the need for this, but merely pointing it out for future idea implementation.

Overall, really good stuff you pointed out. Great ideas, but as much as the ideas are great, I will stay out of the discussion and concentrate on design and easy fixes with site congestion. I

Re: backend changes discution
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 08:45 PM »
Thank you. I totally agree with you on the point of making people go to the forum in order to build relationship with the community. The thing is, as you may know euraski a new french wormser did send me lot of pm because he didn't understand the site at all. I have to admit that the idea of the form came from one discution with him. He just couldn't understand why he had to post on the forum and how to do it. That's why I suggested this and I still think that it doesn't help at the end. I'd rather see on the homepage more news about worms communities/players/clan rather than this.
What's your input hhc ?