2 (5.7%)
FB - First Blood
3 (8.6%)
XTC - Xtreme Clan league or somthing dont remember Lol
0 (0%)
TUS - The Ultimate Site
24 (68.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Best League Ever???  (Read 2463 times)

Offline darKz

Re: Best League Ever???
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 07:58 PM »
cl2k because it was my first league ever and I made my 'pro exam' there.  :P Also precious memories and awesome forum community.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline l7cx1Cl

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 02:32 AM »
ahh man forgot bout CBC good call   :P

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2010, 12:13 AM »
Well imo it would be between WL and TUS.
WL stayed for quite some time and was quite active. I remember that when WL gone it was really hard to find any interesting league.
Until this league I'd say no league was near WL.
For the feature I'd say TUS, for the global skills of people (and so the competition) I'd say WL :).

Offline Maciej

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2010, 12:23 AM »
I have sentiment to CBC... Have never played there, but it's league of my lovely wwp :] so I won't leave my vote.

Offline Guaton

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2010, 12:36 AM »
LW

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2010, 08:46 AM »
It's difficult to compare leagues, since new leagues have more to build on.
W:ACL was made during ranks and therefore didn't need a singles league.
cl2k started when the worms community was still growing and therefore could function well with a 40 games limit
WL (should've been included in the poll) was the first to implement official tournaments (at least, I think cl2k didn't host any tourneys themselves)
FB innovated in that it was the first league to have ratings implemented, eliminating the need for a game limit. It was also the first league to make use of replays in the system. They were also kind enough to keep one saturday free of tourneys for RRkit even though they wanted weekly tourneys :)
TUS took the FB concept (or MI thought of the concept himself without that example, I don't really know!) and implemented challenges and cups into the system.

All in their own way added new elements to the game and all were/are successful, but the later ones have the benefit of not having to reinvent the wheel. If you're looking at what the features of the league are, TUS wins out. If you're looking at what new things the leagues have accomplished, they have equal success imo :)

Offline pr

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2010, 10:46 PM »
[01:43:53] [sNNNxKilobyte] "TUS does an outstanding job, Ultimate job I would say"
[01:44:02] [sNNNxKilobyte] f@#!ING ASSLICKER BITCH

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
to wqdb

Offline HHC

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2010, 11:28 PM »
TUS took the FB concept (or MI thought of the concept himself without that example, I don't really know!) and implemented challenges and cups into the system.

All in their own way added new elements to the game and all were/are successful, but the later ones have the benefit of not having to reinvent the wheel. If you're looking at what the features of the league are, TUS wins out. If you're looking at what new things the leagues have accomplished, they have equal success imo :)

I think all had their pro's and con's.
When it comes to innovation WACL comes first (there were no leagues before that, nor clan games). WL second I think.. we were the first to use player ratings, first a global one and then for each scheme. But I think we also did a lot of harm to the community when we closed it, same for FB. A whole bunch of players quit when that happened.

In TUS all the features kinda come together, but I dunno if it has reached perfection.
I think WEL had the best league system, but that was mostly because you could just play one scheme, which makes everything a lot easier. Nevertheless, I killed it way too soon and the Elite-only thing kinda bored people in the end. Nothing is perfect :D