Forums
May 13, 2024, 03:01 AM

Author Topic: BnG darksiding rule and close teleport  (Read 5778 times)

Offline Chicken23

BnG darksiding rule and close teleport
« on: March 05, 2010, 01:21 AM »
There are two rules in the bng rules which are wrong in my experience and opinion of bng.

First of all darksiding is stated as not being able to shot your enemy. This is incorrect. It does not matter if you can not hit the worm. That is your fault for not having the skill to hit them or tactics to dig. It only takes a couple of turns to zook a hide or explode some grenades on impact. Also saying that you can not hit your enemy is very subjective. People's skills vary and some players only know 3sec nades and they won't be able to curl against the wind a low strength wind zook which could hit a darksiding position.

Darksiding is when the player in the hide does not have any possible shots with grenade or zook. If someone has cover and roof over their head but they can lg bounce a 5sec grenade to the otherside of the map then its not darksiding. They can also most likely use zooks to hit aswell..

It would be nice if you could clear up this rule please as it has come up in a clanner today vs RoH. It also came up in a bng tourney at WO which i won. Crazy will remember this because Dead-tag tried to claim i was darksiding when i was in a pit of 3 shots deep and just using the bank on the rule.

The second rule is the distance teleporting. 1/3 of the map is far to big to call a close teleport. The close teleport rule was defined as the distance of 2 notches of a 4sec grenade. That distance which is similar to the length of a grider was considered a close teleport. 1/3 of map is about the distance of 5-6 taps of 4sec range and far too big. This has also been a reoccuring problem in some league matches ive played recently where someone has teleported into the middle of the map at start of game and claimed i couldnt not get that close to them after the hides on the far side of the map were destroyed. Normally this rule isnt a problem when the map is distance. But not many wormers know how to make a good bng map these days.

Id like the close teleport rule to be define by the length of 1 grider because i think that is the distane a full power 4sec grenade falls after 1 or 2 movements. We used these two rules in AL anyway and they were writen by a more experienced players like anubis, mablak and myself. No offensive but i know the tus rules were written quickly by Ray to speed the launch of the site. Because tus is now over a year old, alot of people have taken these rules to be correct when there are some errors in them..

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• You'll never walk alone!
    • View Profile
Re: BnG darksiding rule and close teleport
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 11:07 AM »
At XTC i rmbr the rule for tele was half a screen in 1024 res`?? Thats a nice distance i would say..

-You think you are pretty smart, but is was not me, and you became dumb.   Phanton.    <3

Offline Free

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 05:00 PM »
At XTC i rmbr the rule for tele was half a screen in 1024 res`?? Thats a nice distance i would say..

Not everyone plays at 1024 though.

Simple measurement that you can do with girder would be the best.

Offline skime

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 05:23 PM »
I agree with Chicken23. There should some change in this rules. I have many disputes about darksiding etc. It would be nice to fix it. :)

Yea, length of the grider is perfect !

Offline chakkman

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 07:04 PM »
I somehow miss the logic in your point chicken. Why should it be against the rules when you put yourself in a position from which you cant shoot your opponent?

When i remember the bng rules from cbc-wwp right then darksiding was even considered when you put yourself in a position in which your opponent cannot reach you with a DIRECT shot. No bounces or anything. And that is how it should be played imo. Darksiding is preventing your opponent from shooting you and nothing else.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 07:19 PM »
I somehow miss the logic in your point chicken. Why should it be against the rules when you put yourself in a position from which you cant shoot your opponent?

Because when you are in a position that you cant shoot your opponent that is darksiding, that is just wasting turns and dragging the game out. You have no possible means of attacking which you should be doing every turn.

When i remember the bng rules from cbc-wwp right then darksiding was even considered when you put yourself in a position in which your opponent cannot reach you with a DIRECT shot. No bounces or anything. And that is how it should be played imo. Darksiding is preventing your opponent from shooting you and nothing else.

I also played in cbc and did many bng clanners back then and would take hides like i did in that clanner vs RoH with no complaints. This is darksiding but not illegal darksiding, it is using the land to protect yourself, it can be considered lame but it is a good tactic to force your opponent to do harder shots on you. It allows you to take safety from lame bouncy attacks or notching, a player repeating 3sec nades over and over. Its smart because your making exploiting the lack of skill your opponent has by taking a hide they have difficulty hitting. Therefore aslong as you can still attack your opponent from this hide it is not against the rules but smart play to try and win the game.

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 07:36 PM »
Well I like your idea. But if I can add my own.. :p
I've been playing this scheme for a long time now, I used to love it but then everyone started to use the "notch" technique and just repeat and I really stopped to like it.
Why does people don't like this scheme ?
1) "it's tooooo long" => my idea: Change the worms health to 150 or 100
2) "People are cheap and keep repeating" => my idea: forbid someone to hit two times in a row with the same kind of shoot (A same kind of shoot is a shoot using a nade with the same amount of second.. If you're good enough changing the amount of second of a nade and still hit is often easy and if it's not possible just tele and then you'll avoid repeating).
3)"I got f@#!ed always because I use all my tele" => my idea: use unlimited tele, I don't understand why there's limited tele.

I'd like to see what thinks regular bnger :)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 07:38 PM by zippeurfou »

Offline chakkman

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 07:37 PM »

Because when you are in a position that you cant shoot your opponent that is darksiding, that is just wasting turns and dragging the game out. You have no possible means of attacking which you should be doing every turn.
Thats not the reason why it is forbidden, it is forbidden because you prevent your opponent from shooting you, while you still have the opportunity to shoot him. I see you dont really understand why darksiding is not allowed. When you put yourself in a position where you cant hit but you cannot be hit too then thats not against the rules, its simply stupid.

I also played in cbc and did many bng clanners back then and would take hides like i did in that clanner vs RoH with no complaints. This is darksiding but not illegal darksiding, it is using the land to protect yourself, it can be considered lame but it is a good tactic to force your opponent to do harder shots on you. It allows you to take safety from lame bouncy attacks or notching, a player repeating 3sec nades over and over. Its smart because your making exploiting the lack of skill your opponent has by taking a hide they have difficulty hitting. Therefore aslong as you can still attack your opponent from this hide it is not against the rules but smart play to try and win the game.
We never complained, although i found your hide there absolutely darksiding "worth". I was only able to hit you there by luck. The only reason why Wormiverse asked you if that isn't darksiding is that you claimed me of not being able to hit properly without bouncing. Then i ask you how would i have been supposed to hit you without a lucky bouncing nade? Same with Sogeking, i could not hit him from my angle without bouncing off behind him. Your hide was another thing though, nearly impossible to hit, as i said it was only luck.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 07:39 PM »
Zipperfou point 1 and 3 of your post are quite contrary as unlimited teles will make the game longer i guess. @ point 2: thats already forbidden :).

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 07:43 PM »
Zipperfou point 1 and 3 of your post are quite contrary as unlimited teles will make the game longer i guess. @ point 2: thats already forbidden :).
Oof nice rule there ! :)
Well, yes I agree that unlimited tele can make the game longer (since you waste a turn to tele) ^^.
I guess it's just that I don't like to loose because I used all my tele ^^

Offline chakkman

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 07:46 PM »
Yeah, you got a point there :).

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 07:59 PM »
delete bng from classic league pls

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 08:49 PM »

Thats not the reason why it is forbidden, it is forbidden because you prevent your opponent from shooting you, while you still have the opportunity to shoot him. I see you dont really understand why darksiding is not allowed.

You are so wrong. I don't consider you to be an experienced bnger or that it was your prefered scheme on worms after the clanner we played. Nevertheless that does not make your opinion invalid. People have used the definition of darksiding when you cant shoot your opponent for years in all leagues expect tus. I think your wrong on the cbc rules because i used to play there too when i was in LoR and had no complaints against me when i took a hide like that.
It is a rule that was written incorrectly and not changed that has caused the community to think it is correct. If you ask any oldschooler who has experience in bng they will tell you my hide was no illegal. fade, hhc, skippa, dubc, komodo, dibz, dark, mil2,unique,franz,wiz they all know that my hide was fine. Obviously i can't say you are wrong because we are all oldschool and have no problems with hides like that because its naive. I have to explain why you are incorrect.

First of all my hide promoted skill in the bng. It took a harder shot for me to attack you. I had to use an lg bounce. This is not easy. Then i had to use lg zooks aswell. This is no easy. Therefore this hide improved my game and the quality of our match.

Secondly it required you to raise your game. You no longer could throw bouncy grenades. You had to time your grenade to explode on inpact to hit me. You needed knowledge of low powered zook to curl a zook against the wind to hit me. Your saying it was luck that you did hit me. You still hit and it took skill. My hide forced you to try harder shots.

These two points have just increased the standard of skill of the bng match and stopped the game from being repeating shot, or 3sec nades.

Thirdly the hide like you rightly said protected me from you and still allowed me to attack you. It is not stupid to take a hide that protects me from your shots when you are playing cheaply and do all those things that fada posted that upset him with morden day bng.
I took a hide where it was hard for you to hit. It was not impossible. That is tactical. Its stupid to have a rule that does not allow me to take a protective hide against players who only use a few different types of shots. Its stupid to have a rule that promotes cheapness and does not allowed you to protect yourself from notchers, repearters, bounciers.
It is stupid to have a rule that lowers the quality and ranges of shots in a bng match.
It is stupid to have a rule that is defined by stating a player can not attack you when that is a measurement of skill and their are many possible shots to a good bnger and fewer possible shots to someone who has only learnt the basis bng shots.
Also once a worm is darksided and can still attack you. It does not take much to destory their hide.  

When you put yourself in a position where you cant hit but you cannot be hit too then thats not against the rules, its simply stupid.

I agree. Its stupid when i cant hit you from a hide. But i could hit you. You could not hit me easly and thats the point. It should only be against the rules when someone darksides and THEY hit you. It doesnt matter if YOU cant hit me. Thats your fault the other players fault for not being good enough. Like i said above, a good bnger can hit a harder hide. A less experienced bnger cant, why have a rule that protects less skilled bngers and helps promotes poorer shots?

« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 08:59 PM by Chicken23 »

Offline chakkman

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 09:14 PM »
Where are we coming to when people construe the rules so that they fit them the best  ::). Also you ll have to explain me how i was supposed to hit you directly with a curled zook against the wind. Not possible from my position. Anyway would be interesting to see what a league mod thinks about that hide because this wont lead anywhere. Not to re-judge this game, simply as an external opinion from some1 who wasnt directly involved.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 09:32 PM »
if i had won from that hide would you complain?

the angle that you threw the 3sec at to hit me was low, that kind of angle with the right blue wind would hit me. The more powerful the wind the lower the angle was needed, the less powerful wind, the more you could aim up.

thats kind of my point too. it was possible to hit me so it wasnt breaking the rules. But the rules are very subjective because players won't beleive they can hit when they can, they just dont know all the shots and its gonna cause problems. Hence wanting the rule to be redefined.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 09:35 PM by Chicken23 »