Forums
May 13, 2024, 07:01 PM

Author Topic: BnG darksiding rule and close teleport  (Read 5780 times)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
Re: BnG darksiding rule and close teleport
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2010, 11:09 AM »
Darksiding only exists in your mind.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline obscure

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2010, 01:28 AM »
imo,that wasnt darksideXD,and the link u mentioned is the topic that i started and not a single rule has been added to this scheme so far.
in a lame game infinite teles would be cool but in a pro 1 it will suck.just my opinion.
i agree with crash to move bng out of classic league but not to free league,think it should be a bng league to avoid being lame,too bad a2b didnt work out but ill try to start a bng league here if MI helps me.
MonkeyIsland on August 26, 2010, 09:39 am:I'm considered as a noob

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2010, 05:46 PM »
bng should always be in classic league. It would be like taking chopping out one of my legs in my list of skills that makes me a good 'allrounder'

its just league style bng which results to 'cheap'

i like fada's suggestion, could use more rules to focus on more style. Really u have 3 different types of bng. normall. style and no rules.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2010, 12:13 AM »
There are at least 2 league schemes which require some bng skills, so it wouldn't harm you that much. :) Anyway since i started playing leagues there had been problems with the bng scheme... always some1 complaining about cheap shots, or people hiding in impossible spots and so on... for me this scheme isn't league suitable. See playing bng with style is like playing a roper game like a warmer, it might look good but in the end you lose unless you have godlike skills. And thats what you ll have to understand. That people are keen on winning and not keen on the best looking shot award.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2010, 02:21 AM »
Bng has worked as a scheme in league for 10 years now though Chakkman, there is absolutely no reason it shouldn`t work as a league scheme in TUS! If there are so many complaints, it`s because of an attitude problem among the players. There is nothing wrong with the scheme, but moreover the players who plays the scheme. If you take out bng from the classic league, you might aswell fire off a zook at the Team17 server, it would give the same affect, to put it in an awkward way.  

Offline chakkman

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2010, 12:54 PM »
But you would agree with me that there have been a lot more complaints and discussions about changing the rules on the bng scheme than on any other scheme wouldn't you? Also i never played any other league scheme in which people are so quick on calling you a lamer, cheaper, darksider or w/e (mostly due to bad losing spirit, that's true...). Still there's always that kinda weird style vs. lame thing in every bng you play, maybe because one player is simply more skilled than the other or 1 player is more keen on winning at any costs and that causes trouble.

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2010, 11:20 AM »
maybe playing it on big map, make it no rule and anorched would help.. I dont' know ^^
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 11:23 AM by zippeurfou »

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2010, 05:41 PM »
its only chakkman who seems to detest this scheme. One guy that never cared for the scheme arguing to get it removed from league and about rules he does not fully understand against a select few bngers isnt going to get the scheme removed from tus.

How many leagues complaints have been based on bng rules? Not many. And how many have been hard to solve. Its always clear to see when a cow occur. This topic was created to highlight issues with tus's rule set. It was not a complaint. I was using the game as an argument. BnG does cause agruments between the players when peoples view of whats lame and cheap is challanaged but not many games actually go to complaints for a cow because people still follow the rules and dont use sitters.

Roper has similar issues with hiding on top of the map when you have a lead to get easier crates. Its not agaisnt rules its a style of play. Just because we disagree on different styles of play, doesnt mean the scheme should be removed! Also if someone is laming you, the infinite teleports and the 'correct' bng rules are there to protect a bnger from cheap shots by using darksiding tactics to make a player use a harder shot.

BnG should never be removed from classic. It is a unique scheme and very enjoyable at times.

Offline Alex13

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2010, 06:11 PM »
Hey, don't touch bng!! lol

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2010, 02:54 AM »
a2b is back up and running, 1st time we had a2b it was private/invite only

Now it's public but still invite, but anyone interested can apply:

a2b is addicted 2 bng - b2b clans BnG league

If you want an invite send me an email:

pudgiebudgie99@hotmail.com

Thanks, remember - you've got to be in it, to win it :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2010, 08:40 PM »
Why on earth would some1 choose intentionally a hide where he can't attack from?

Well can you explain to me why people do it then?

Offline chakkman

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2010, 11:06 PM »
Never seen some1 doing it, so i can't tell. Makes exactly zero sense to me. But well i'm quite a new player with my 4 years of experience or so, so wth do i know. :)

You know i still think it makes much more sense to forbid to move into a position from which you can attack your opponent but he cannot attack you rather than to forbid moving into a position from which you can't attack/can't be attacked. No harm done by that, don't you think? Still i was proved wrong by some old school fashioned guys who rely on a non-sense rule created before World War II, so no point in discussing with guys that are immune towards logic.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 11:14 PM by chakkman »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2010, 11:54 PM »
There is really no explaining this, you will never understand unless you get into BnG properly...

Offline chakkman

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2010, 12:05 AM »
Well, don't get me wrong i used to enjoy BnG's but that was before i realized that this is a easy-to-be-complaint scheme. If every1 would accept that this game should be played "for the win" in the league just like any other scheme it would make things much easier. Now we have the situation that certain people expect you to play it just like a rope warmer and that's why things are getting complicated. <- referring to this thread in general

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2010, 12:32 AM »
Well, don't get me wrong i used to enjoy BnG's but that was before i realized that this is a easy-to-be-complaint scheme. If every1 would accept that this game should be played "for the win" in the league just like any other scheme it would make things much easier. Now we have the situation that certain people expect you to play it just like a rope warmer and that's why things are getting complicated. <- referring to this thread in general

Yeah but mate, it's not that, BnG is one of the only schemes where you can win by playing cheap and skill, the only thing that seperates lame/cheap shots is the rules.

I have been playing by the rules recently and I am cool with it.

All I ask is for people to understand why playing cheap and darksiding etc pisses people off.