Forums
May 10, 2024, 11:12 AM

Author Topic: I'm looking for:  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Ray

I'm looking for:
« on: October 14, 2011, 08:14 PM »
I think this feature has been mentioned before, but now with the arrival of different snoopers that are connected to tus-wa.com and TUS being connected to WN, this could be a great feature.

The idea: on the left side, say, above the chatbox, there could be a simple checkbox for each league you want to play in. It'd say "I'm looking for:" and under that, in a list, you'd check what you want to play.

Then you press OK, site refreshes and gives you names who want to play the same league. Give the names only after pressing OK to minimize avoiding. ;)

How to integrate that into a snooper?

Most snoopers have a tray icon and notification bubbles can come up from those. Would be easy to have a message there saying: "There are 6 people waiting to play TEL. Click to see the list." You click, window jumps up, automatically shows if they are online on WN or not, doubleclicking their names can automatically send a private message to them, endless possibilities.

Offline Random00

Re: I'm looking for:
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 09:51 PM »
there were a few leagues that I played that had different features on its site. They were rarely used and simply asking for league games in #ag seems to beworking better imo :s

Offline darKz

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 10:28 PM »
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Crazy

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 12:05 AM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah what a good song!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ray

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 07:22 AM »
The cool thing about this is that you could integrate and synchronize these features with a snooper, I just gave you one possibility, but there are basically infinite things that could be done like this.

Offline Free

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 12:32 PM »
There's an option in Wheat Snooper to make certain words/letters make a sound and a pop-up notification when the word is said in ag.

For example, when someone says TUS in AG, you get a notification about it on your tray.

Made finding games less hassle for me.

Offline Ray

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 02:43 PM »
But the Wheat Snooper sucks.

Offline theredi

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 05:17 PM »
But the Wheat Snooper sucks.
+1 ;] have u tried prosnooperfix? i find it the best coz very simple, fast, and has all i need.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 07:33 AM »
LF1M DPS 4 BWD ! /W ILVL + ACHIVE !!!

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 09:01 AM »
GEARSCORE
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 10:04 AM »
Gearscore died in Wotlk. ilvl is the new stuff now.

Btw I got D3 for free by subscribing to WoW for 1 year.   :D
Star Wars is gonna be WoW in Space so no need to test that out.

Oh and I love Pokemon (hrhr) and they are adding a pet battle system so I am quite happy with WoW atm. :p

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 11:29 AM »
I am a bit annoyed with WoW atm, trying to level my LW, it's so annoying, I spent 225g on 3 stacks of rugged leather, and done this yellow recipe 12 times, didn't even level once...

I know it doesn't have 100% chance to work but 12 times and nothing, so lame, complete waste of 225g, when you complete a yellow/green quest it doesn't sometimes come up "TROLOLO TRY AGAIN LOOOOOOSER" so why can't the same logic apply to professions??

Offline Anubis

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 01:07 PM »
Because in quests the color determines the general Quest difficulty.
The color for recipes just say that orange gives 100% lvl up, yellow goes down by a specific %age everytime you surpass the orange lvl by 1. Depends on the item, some get yellow fast, some go fast green etc. Btw if you apply the same logic the other way around we would have to level up everytime  we complete an orange quest. ;) Unification isn't the best thing in MMOs.

If you have a lvl 14 guild the chances are higher to get a lvl up with yellow/green. Actually 10%, just looked it up in my guild.

But I agree the professions in WoW are far away from being interesting or good. Lotro had a good feel to it, heard that Vangard is also good for crafter, but meh not gonna bother trying it.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 01:13 PM by DeathInFire »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 03:19 PM »
I actually just found the best spot ever to skin Rugged Leather, getting like 5-8 stacks every 10 minutes :)