Forums
April 29, 2024, 01:33 PM

Author Topic: Clean up the child boards  (Read 1220 times)

Offline chakkman

Clean up the child boards
« on: January 29, 2010, 11:04 PM »
Really there has been much trolling lately, especially in the doH forum and i think although those are mod'ed by the incharge members of the clans, there should be a clean up by the TUS mods soon. TUS league claims to be better in terms of the interaction between the people here, cant rly see that when i browse through those forums... Also i believe when you have a problem with some1 you should talk with him personally or not talk with him at all. Even double cowardish to do that over the internet using some fake nickname + hiding in a majority that seems to share your antipathy for the people your flaming is adressed to.

I dont see much of a need for boards like that if they are not used for what they aimed to be... a place where clan members can exchange each other, talk shit or w/e they want to do :).

Offline THeDoGG

Re: Clean up the child boards
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 01:29 AM »
Really there has been much trolling lately, especially in the doH forum and i think although those are mod'ed by the incharge members of the clans, there should be a clean up by the TUS mods soon. TUS league claims to be better in terms of the interaction between the people here, cant rly see that when i browse through those forums... Also i believe when you have a problem with some1 you should talk with him personally or not talk with him at all. Even double cowardish to do that over the internet using some fake nickname + hiding in a majority that seems to share your antipathy for the people your flaming is adressed to.

I dont see much of a need for boards like that if they are not used for what they aimed to be... a place where clan members can exchange each other, talk shit or w/e they want to do :).

Hum. No ^^

Offline chakkman

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 01:30 AM »
No at what exactly? :)

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 06:57 AM »
100% agree with cHAKKmAN, when that board was created I could see this coming and warned MonkeyIsland, which he seemingly ignored. :P

I think only the members of the clan should be able to go into their clan's board and those people who the admins grant acces to.

Offline Random00

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 12:47 PM »
I remember clan boards in forums on former leagues having a public and a private subboard.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 01:19 PM »
That would be a beginning Random, still it wouldnt prevent the spam in the public parts then. Anyway these baords get mod'ed by the incharge clan members so they can delete useless stuff. Still, as i said, TUS should be better than that! Freedom of speech for every1, but no voice for haters whose only aim is to cause drama. This league deserves better and MonkeyIsland deserves better, because i pretty well know that this is not in his sense and never will be :).

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 01:20 PM »
No at what exactly? :)

No at clean up child board, unless they have some illegal content.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 01:35 PM »
You know human body that need air, food ... One of THeDoGG's body needs is to search for images that it is written 'Drama' in them, then wait for beer to post something. ;)

I like this project chakkman. I believe if we want bigger community we need more friendly forums. Clans can have private boards. They already have on TUS. but the spam and flame wars are posted in their general boards. Any help or idea how to start this will be greatly appreciated. TUS is getting big and I can't handle everything part/advertising/issue in it.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 02:43 PM »
You know human body that need air, food ... One of THeDoGG's body needs is to search for images that it is written 'Drama' in them, then wait for beer to post something. ;)

XDDDD

So true, but I find them after Beer post :P

Offline Wormwarrior

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 04:38 PM »
we should let ppl go in tus only after 18 years old ... lol jk xD

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 05:46 PM »
I think you posted in the wrong thread Wormwarrior ;)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.