Forums
May 02, 2024, 07:54 AM

Author Topic: Client idea  (Read 987 times)

Offline Conny

• Quack

• Sweden Sweden
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
    • My website
Client idea
« on: March 18, 2014, 04:38 PM »
Being on snoop programs and the in game chat is an alright way to do ladder matches, but couldn't it be even better, more comfortable?

Considering snoop programs are so popular I figured that there is an opportunity to build a client specifically for ladder matches. Most games use an automatic client that searches out the closest ranked person for you to play against, that's how most competitive games now days work. You pick a ladder you want to play, and the client searches an opponent. We already have the possibility to have login names on snooper clients so making one for TUS makes sense to me.

We already have the database on the website, wouldn't it be possible to connect these to a "TUS-client"?

I honestly believe that this would boost the competitive scene and bring more people to play the game and that's what we want, right? I'd love a program like this because I don't particularly enjoy having to search out people, talk to them and set things up AND reporting. It's also a very outdated method and if you want an old game to bring in more people you got to stay on top of things like this.

I would love to hear some ideas from people that actually know how to build things like this and hear if it would be possible. I'm not a programmer so I don't know anything about that kind of stuff, it just sounds doable to me.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 04:41 PM by Conny »
Former xANKAx member.

Offline Husk

Re: Client idea
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 05:31 PM »

Offline Tomi

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 08:40 PM »
it is coming I guess.. or at least I hope ^^

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 10:49 PM »
I asked Cybershadow weeks ago about giving us a skeleton of hostingboddy. If he does that, it'll make it easier :)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 10:35 AM »
Can't wait to see this thing fail for the 5th or so time in Worm's history.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Conny

• Quack

• Sweden Sweden
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 01:43 PM »
Cool! Also there always has to be a grumpy smurf, doesn't it? Lol.
Former xANKAx member.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 08:36 AM »
Cool! Also there always has to be a grumpy smurf, doesn't it? Lol.

a realistic smurf

if this didn't work in a time where you coudln't read three lines of #AnythtingGoes without reading someone ask for a league game why would it work today? Nothing has changed, the big bulk of activity still comes from a minimal amount of players in comparison to the total, players that know each other, know each other's schedules and basically now when to find a game. Big bulk of them are players trying to make a name for themselves, I call them noob bashers, people who will not make any use of this great idea.

please go ahead and prove me wrong though, but do learn from past mistakes, or at least pay them due respect, if you plan on having any sort of success, history has taught us that much, but that didn't stop world war 2.

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline avirex

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 01:56 AM »
to answer your question conny, yes.. there is a grumpy smurf here ;D