Forums
May 02, 2024, 06:16 AM

Author Topic: cockblocking TUS?  (Read 1372 times)

Offline TheWalrus

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: cockblocking TUS?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 05:51 AM »
I don't know how they're gonna block Internet with noises/parasites/waves? What's written there is mainly about satellite and TV channels.
Also TUS is hosted in Netherlands and it has nothing to do with Iran whatsoever.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 05:57 AM »
I don't know how they're gonna block Internet with noises/parasites/waves? What's written there is mainly about satellite and TV channels.
Also TUS is hosted in Netherlands and it has nothing to do with Iran whatsoever.
Oh, it said internet in the article.  Have you seen any of these, Alborz?

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 06:05 AM »
I'm immediately skeptical of anything the corporate media throws at us, especially FOX, news is chosen entirely based on the interests of big business. And one thing that our big business, our military-industrial complex, wants most is to continually fan the flames of war in the middle east, so we have some excuse to have control over the most important strategic areas in the world, not to mention the oil incentive.

It's no doubt a terrible regime, but the media only want to accentuate that fact in order to get the populace comfortable with the idea that going to war with Iran would be a good thing. Their biggest effort is to create an imaginary nuclear threat (which would become an actual threat if we attacked), and if that fails as it did with Iraq, they want to fall back on us 'liberating' the country.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 06:29 AM »
I'm immediately skeptical of anything the corporate media throws at us, especially FOX, news is chosen entirely based on the interests of big business. And one thing that our big business, our military-industrial complex, wants most is to continually fan the flames of war in the middle east, so we have some excuse to have control over the most important strategic areas in the world, not to mention the oil incentive.

It's no doubt a terrible regime, but the media only want to accentuate that fact in order to get the populace comfortable with the idea that going to war with Iran would be a good thing. Their biggest effort is to create an imaginary nuclear threat (which would become an actual threat if we attacked), and if that fails as it did with Iraq, they want to fall back on us 'liberating' the country.
Why would big business have anything to do with this?  Thats asinine, Cody.  Big business is hurt by conflict, not helped.  The military complex you refer to died 30 years ago, I don't know why people think that war helps the economy anymore, thats insanely antiquated.  You don't see Bert Bernanke clamoring for the US to attack Tehran.  Also, this 'strategic control' you speak of is post-hoc bullshit that im betting someone fed you at some point.  USA gets about 10-15% of our oil from the persian gulf, of that probably about 2% from a broken system in Iraq, if that, im being generous.  But we're not talking about your propaganda here, im not even sure why you are steering it in that direction. 

Offline Breeze

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 07:21 AM »

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 09:03 AM »

Why would big business have anything to do with this?  Thats asinine, Cody.  Big business is hurt by conflict, not helped.  The military complex you refer to died 30 years ago, I don't know why people think that war helps the economy anymore, thats insanely antiquated.  You don't see Bert Bernanke clamoring for the US to attack Tehran.  Also, this 'strategic control' you speak of is post-hoc bullshit that im betting someone fed you at some point.  USA gets about 10-15% of our oil from the persian gulf, of that probably about 2% from a broken system in Iraq, if that, im being generous.  But we're not talking about your propaganda here, im not even sure why you are steering it in that direction.

I am kind of off-topic here, but I feel the need to put everything said about the middle east under a microscope, especially when it comes from Fox (which by the way, is a major source of propaganda). Business does have a huge hand in war, there's about 1 private contractor for every 10 military soldiers. This is vastly more than it used to be, it's really incorrect to say the military-industrial complex isn't going strong. The defense industry has spent around 100 million or more per year on lobbying for the past 7 years, they have significant influence on our military policy. If a defense company can spend tens or hundreds of thousands on things like campaign donations, and through their influence on policy prevent say, hundreds of millions in slashes to the military budget, then it's money well spent for them.

Fox News is owned by Fox Entertainment Group, which is owned by Murdoch's News Corporation. There's virtually no accountability on what is actually selected as news, and news is decided by the people at the top, according almost entirely to profit motives. Their primary goal is to sell consumers to advertisers, i.e. big businesses, I mean this is explicit, that's how a big news company is run. They don't just get money from showing a company's ads, they get money (and repeated business so to speak) from reporting news in a way that benefits those benefactors.

Oil is a huge motive for us, this is almost transparently true, we've sought a presence in the middle east since the 40s for precisely this reason. I mean if you want relatively recent evidence, in 2001 Dick Cheney commissioned a report on energy security from the Baker Institute for Public Policy, it's kind of disgusting to read: http://www.bakerinstitute.org/publications/study_15.pdf

Among other things, it says : "The United States remains a prisoner of its energy dilemma. Iraq remains a de- stabilizing influence to ... the flow of oil to international markets from the Middle East. Saddam Hussein has also demonstrated a willingness to threaten to use the oil weapon and to use his own export program to manipulate oil markets. Therefore the US should conduct an immediate policy review toward Iraq including military, energy, economic and political/ diplomatic assessments." This report majorly influenced Bush's cabinet, which essentially agreed in April 2001 that military intervention was necessary.

Dick Cheney was the CEO of huge oil company Halliburton. George W. Bush was the CEO of the oil company Spectrum 7 in 1984. The Bush administration definitely had deep ties to oil. It might not be as deep in the current administration, but it's still a huge influence. Just look at the amount of money oil companies spend on lobbying: http://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/indusclient.php?id=E01, do you really think that they'd spend tens of millions without some assurance that they can shape government policy in their favor?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 10:17 AM »
Big business is hurt by conflict, not helped. 

http://www.businesspundit.com/the-25-most-vicious-iraq-war-profiteers/

We have different meanings for big business then.

Germany for instance, they're making a big fortune of this economical conflict.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 10:19 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline theredi

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 11:52 AM »
Why would big business have anything to do with this?  Thats asinine, Cody.  Big business is hurt by conflict, not helped.
i dont want to talk about it really, but when i see post like that, my brain just start to hurt me ;/

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 05:58 PM »
Big business is hurt by conflict, not helped. 

http://www.businesspundit.com/the-25-most-vicious-iraq-war-profiteers/

We have different meanings for big business then.

Germany for instance, they're making a big fortune of this economical conflict.
I was speaking on the macro, of course any event of any significance of any kind, private firms profit from.  For instance.....hurricane happens.  Big business is helped!  A billion or two in cleanup, construction, someone has to rebuild!  Profiteers step in and profit from disaster.  Pretty cut and dry right?  Nope.  The big business that matters, the investment firms, insurance brokerage firms, and banks are hit hard.  Disaster means exponentially more in lost $$$ than the mere cleanup costs. 

Getting back to the Iraq war, the US government needs to borrow money.  Lots of it.  The war must be fought.  So the fed buys bonds to flood the economy with cash flow so the government can borrow boatloads of money without severely damaging the economy.  Side effect of the federal reserve buying up all these bonds in the rapid rise in inflation.  Nationalized companies lose tons of money overnight, most severely damaged are the major lenders, the Banks.  Overnight, their outstanding loans plummet in value.  Insurance firms, locked into fixed rates, find the premiums their clients pay are no longer substantial enough with the dollar being adjusted for inflation and losing value.  So, when we talk about Halliburton, other companies profiting off the war in Iraq, they are one of the very few.  If the USA won the war, and is cashing in, its the equivalent of hitting the lottery and being hit by a semi on the way to cash in the winning ticket.  The money being made is minutiae compared to the billions and billions lost back at home.

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 06:33 PM »
New record, guys! 4 posts before the thread gets sidetracked :) Well done, everyone involved!

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 11:54 PM »
New record, guys! 4 posts before the thread gets sidetracked :) Well done, everyone involved!
lol if only i hadn't posted the link from Fox news and instead posted a CNN link, we would still be on topic!   :D 
I created a thread as to not monopolize other discussion:
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/fos/wallys-school-of-politics-18525/msg149832/?topicseen#new
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 05:57 AM by TheWalrus »