Forums
May 10, 2024, 07:55 AM

Author Topic: discrete design  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
discrete design
« on: August 12, 2011, 07:57 AM »
It would be ideal for me, and I suppose other people if someone could come up with a "discrete" design for the website, one without all the wormy images and such with the aim of being able to browse the page at work without feeling awkward.

just leaving this here in hopes someone grabs it up and makes something happen!

lazy, I know.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: discrete design
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 08:08 AM »
How about Elegant design?
or you mean wormy images, like not even "R" image for replay?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline theredi

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 09:33 AM »
yee it must be very embarrassing and awkward, but i though that u a so cool that hot chicks when they see u play worms, only scream and say: omg ropa can we rope with u? learn us ur master technics ^^. ur uber friends dont accept it? worms are too immature i quess huehee

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 09:45 AM »
How about Elegant design?
or you mean wormy images, like not even "R" image for replay?

Yeah elegant works, except for the banner, I've been asked what the hell I'm looking at when co-workers notice all those worms up there.

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 10:24 AM »
Deactivate the option to display images in your browser and your sorted. :)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 10:50 AM »
Deactivate the option to display images in your browser and your sorted. :)
can you do this on a page to page basis?
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Rok

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 11:12 AM »
If you're using firefox, you can.

Tools menu -> Options -> Contents tab -> add exception for "Load pictures" option.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 11:14 AM »
so predictable.

ropa trolls and when he gets owned he posts a "hey im really a nice guy who just wants to help out" thread.

P A T H E T I C what do you take people for.

...and now he's saying please and thankyou...

so obvious.... but whatever, see how long this facade lasts.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 11:26 AM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline Rok

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 11:19 AM »
And posts like this are U N C A L L E D  F O R if we're ever to stop the trolling and have better forums.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 11:22 AM »
If you're using firefox, you can.

Tools menu -> Options -> Contents tab -> add exception for "Load pictures" option.

great thanks
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline franz

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 01:00 PM »
I also wondered the same thing recently

I'll check Elegant out

edit:
Paradise looks cleaner, mostly white
but unless Internet Explorer can block images per site, probably stuck with disabling all images
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 01:32 PM by franz »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 02:07 PM »
@NAiL, theredi,
I'm fed up and exactly on the line with arguments vs ropa. Cut it out or I'll cut you out.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline avirex

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 02:57 PM »
hmmm... i wish i had a GIF of that comedian guy who played the uncle in full house, and he made a scissors sign for cut, pointed at you for "it" and thumb behind the back for out... lol..

i guess no1 will kno wtf im talkin about unless they r american....

anyway, thats a good idea ropa, and its funny i been meaning to ask that for a while.. i use paradise i think it is.. its the white background.. its the one with the least wormy images...

i dont like to view the site around others aswell, cuz it is a bit childish looking. hjaha

Offline theredi

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 09:30 PM »
@NAiL, theredi,
I'm fed up and exactly on the line with arguments vs ropa. Cut it out or I'll cut you out.
okok i wont read ropas posts if im not stoned anymore coz i cant just read and dont say anything :P nvm i`ll try i promise ;] now they seems to be funny atleast but its odd humour ;p

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 12:28 AM »
hmmm I could design a "minimal" TUS theme, sounds like a good challenge :)