Forums
May 12, 2024, 04:58 AM

Author Topic: Expanding TUS?  (Read 4028 times)

Offline Crazy

Re: Expanding TUS?
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2011, 02:24 PM »
Are you rich dogg?

Offline darKz

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 02:28 PM »
Though nobody likes them, how about the most basic way to gain some money from a site and put some adverts on TUS? Not those annoying ones, I'm sure you can find decent adverts which don't disturb the flow of browsing the site too much.. :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2011, 02:42 PM »
Yeh man even annoying ones, we dont mind! Do what it takes to get that P man!

Do you have to prove you get a certain amount of traffic to get advertisers to pay for web space or what? How does that work?
worm and learn

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2011, 03:33 PM »
Are you rich dogg?

If you call richness the curiosity of world and the open-mind spirit, so yes I am rich.  :P

About monetizing, I've got some experience working on the web, that is why I said I can maybe help on it :)

Offline franz

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2011, 03:44 PM »
or maybe a sponsoring partnership.
W:A might not be big enough though

plus team17 stopped selling W:A in their store, right?
not a great selling point for sponsors..

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2011, 04:40 PM »
^ but they may be re-releasing WA on Steam in the future. We should get a petition going to convince Team17 to do it, already went through this crap on their forums, so annoying -.-
worm and learn

Offline Rok

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2011, 04:42 PM »
What if we write a new game from scratch? :P
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2011, 04:55 PM »
do not get a sponsor and do not get too many adverts.
set up a donation link so the intersted can send in money through paypal or similar.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2011, 04:56 PM »
yeh we already have a donation system set up
dont listen to ropa
worm and learn

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2011, 06:36 PM »
so thats all the money there is to it. look i can speak with great common sense or just go the route of experience, both modus operandis result in the same conclusion: you can't earn money with a worms league, there is not a big enough market and the target mass doesnt even have financial power (their moms do) so even if there was a market it would be a pretty mediocre one.
if the idea is to be absorved by a bigger internet entity then youre naive to expect theres actuslly someone who knows the formula to get money out of all this and thinks this you have here is a valuable asset to their money making plans.

do it for love or dont do it, but noone here has an edge cutting idea and dont expect that to change unless something mayor hsppens like WA being released on a digital distributor like Steam.

so dont listen to the n@#!!!, chances are he skipped class to deal with crack (and make BR maps)
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2011, 06:40 PM »
Didnt understand all that but the last part made me smile
worm and learn

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 06:44 PM »
so thats all the money there is to it. look i can speak with great common sense or just go the route of experience, both modus operandis result in the same conclusion: you can't earn money with a worms league, there is not a big enough market and the target mass doesnt even have financial power (their moms do) so even if there was a market it would be a pretty mediocre one.
Having been around for awhile, maybe back in 2000-2003 there were enough wormers to maybe make money with a WL.  I think worms leagues now are a break even proposition, no more no less.  Ropa is right.  Whether you decide to put up ads or not, its amazing worms is even alive still, but way too old to make money off of lol...the game is 12 years old

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2011, 06:51 PM »
nah disagree.

Never say never, with a will theres a way.

We shouldnt rule out the possibility of MI being able to make a bob or two from TUS until all avenues have been exhausted.
We havent even tried yet, no need to be pessimistic about it.

worm and learn

Offline nino

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2011, 06:55 PM »
the money he would do maybe would be just a help to have fun at weekends indeed, he wont make money like the creator of facebook did of course, but better than nothing ae.

and this thing of 12 years old game, doesnot matter, if there were 50k peples in ag all the time the age of game wont make any diference, the problem is that the community is too small and to make money over internet u have to get many peoples involved in the process,  cos from 1 milion of peoples only 1k would really give him money back, which is kinda good.

look here per exemple, MI made that donation stuff, few peoples made him some donation, like 0.1% of peoples registered in tus, so thats it.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 06:57 PM by nino »
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2011, 06:56 PM »
okay nail, seeing as youre so optimistic i expect you to be amongst the top in investments for this new entrpeneour.

or youre all talk?
Eat a bag full of dicks.