Forums
April 28, 2024, 06:03 PM

Author Topic: giga  (Read 2751 times)

giga
« on: March 03, 2011, 12:34 AM »
what about a league with the giga scheme, anyone remember it?

its like elite just with 3 sgs and infinity moles, that would be great i think :p
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 12:37 AM by Hurenmeister »

Re: giga
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 12:49 AM »
f@#! you for joining dc
worm and learn

Offline franz

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 02:06 AM »
f@#! you for joining dc

;d

about giga, I have to admit, it's a very fun scheme because you get to learn to use moles a lot more for digging and more attempts using uzi instead of shotgun for 50 dmg. giga was pretty popular for many months when it was around. as for an entire league just for a different type of elite? hm.. maybe it's asking too much.

maybe it can be added to free league in the meantime?

Offline CMV

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 01:55 PM »
I have exactly this scheme with the name 'Elite' in my scheme library. :o

Edit: Oh wait, my version has 3 petrols.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 02:57 PM by CMV »
SÜN
SÜN
SÜÜÜN

Offline SPW

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 08:26 PM »
95% of the community 2011 dont know this old sql scheme. It was played in Germany (Gigaliga). Even there I was almost the only one Swiss guy and my opponents were 98% Germans.

So I'm not sure whether the current community is open for this - a bit crazy - scheme nowadays.

My opinion (I played about 300 Giga-Scheme matches): I dont need it back. It was too lucky anyway (crates). But I must admit: It was funny cause of more action comparing to the Elite-Scheme. And of course, it was a great time. :) But we cant take it back, that's life. Even if we do, it will never be the same like 2002-2005.

Offline franz

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 08:36 PM »
oh I completely forgot that it also included random weapon/health crates like the original elite scheme. that's definitely a big luck factor.

in any case, I'd still likely enjoy playing it once in a while, even if it's just for fun and nostalgia -> which was why I suggested maybe allow it in free league. it could even have those random crates removed if that aspect is undesirable.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 12:55 PM »
sounds like a good edition to free leage to me! Cr8s in elites, played in caverns, those were the days

Offline SPW

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 07:28 PM »
We can try it, of course. :)

Did you know, that the winner of Gigaliga Grandslam V was Medal from CF? And did you know that he won €2000 cash?

Guess that was the highest amount of cash you could win with Worms.

The Final was "Medal vs Gonzo", and they played live at the Games Convention in Germany. The spectacteurs were impressed by that scheme cause of the action in it. So it was actually a good scheme to get some new people for it. But yea, after that Grandslam, Gigaliga stopped sponsoring Worms. And that was the end of the German Community. But a few Germans are still around :)

So, end of history xD

Offline franz

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 07:42 PM »
We can try it, of course. :)

Did you know, that the winner of Gigaliga Grandslam V was Medal from CF? And did you know that he won €2000 cash?

Guess that was the highest amount of cash you could win with Worms.

The Final was "Medal vs Gonzo", and they played live at the Games Convention in Germany. The spectacteurs were impressed by that scheme cause of the action in it. So it was actually a good scheme to get some new people for it. But yea, after that Grandslam, Gigaliga stopped sponsoring Worms. And that was the end of the German Community. But a few Germans are still around :)

So, end of history xD

I watched this ^^ I forget if I saw it live, or if I saw the replays only.

If I remember right, they weren't super spectacular games, but still entertaining to see worms games at this much spotlight.

Offline Devilage

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 08:39 AM »
Give us the scheme! I wanna try :D.

Smoking proud.

Offline franz

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 02:06 PM »
hm, looks like it went through many versions.
I found this in my old files. version3 created 2005 July 10th

Offline Devilage

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 07:35 PM »
Cool thx! elite maps?

Smoking proud.

Offline franz

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2011, 08:13 PM »

Offline SPW

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2011, 10:24 PM »
You also may contact JohnMcClane. He saved everything from w:a like schemes, replays etc. :)

one old rep added.

scheme: giga, vers. around grandslam V
year: 2005
players: johnmcclane & spw

reduced sg made axe starts and in between you always think to avoid guns (pistols, uzi etc). Its nice. And mole's are a good plan b to save torch. actually a really nice scheme, and without the crates, not really lucky. And horizontal ropes xD

« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 10:33 PM by SPW »

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 08:29 PM »
Nicee ;p
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓