Forums
May 02, 2024, 06:00 AM

Author Topic: DoN  (Read 900 times)

DoN
« on: November 13, 2009, 12:40 AM »
I already PMed MI about this here rule, but he asked me to post the suggestion here.

4) Proceeding

•First, you need to find a partner. Then you decide which kind of league you want to play: Classic or Free. Both of you have to pick one scheme and play those two games.
•Before the first game start, both of you have to tell what your username on the site is. Missing to do this might have your games infirmed.
•After you finished the games, and the games result is 1-1, you can agree on playing a third game.
•EVERY GAME MUST BE REPORTED! This means DoN (Double or Nothing) games are highly forbidden!

When I was browsing through some complaint threads, I saw several of them mentioning DoN was agreed. This is in direct violation of the rules above. The response by staff however, didn't show anything was going to be done about it, so I can see only 2 options:
1) Remove the rule
2) Start enforcing the rule

I'm not an active league player and probably never will be, but in all honesty, DoN undermines the system at work here, because DoN assumes that the players involved are equal. Rating however suggests this is not the case.

Time for a discussion.

Offline Chicken23

Re: DoN
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 04:34 AM »
indeed, don should be forbidden and the rule enforced, warnings to those who agreed on don and the win's/loses auto reported by staff.

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 06:53 AM »
Thanks DarkOne for the topic :)

In all DoN cases on TUS, We deleted the DoN games or we allowed the loser have his win. But in like 2 - 3 of them, We also mentioned 'If you can't live without DoN, Then make it in a way we don't' catch you'.  Which was supposed to be a joke.

As Darkone mentioned in the pm, It got bigger than a joke.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 04:55 PM »
i think we should start enforcing the rule more... but we also dont want people to agree to don and then plan on complaining if they lose, i guess a warning as chicken said would help prevent that

Offline Rok

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 07:35 PM »
Truth is, we haven't treated offending players as strictly as the (in caps and bold written) rule might imply, but we also didn't leave DoN games just be, at least not when we noticed DoN games being reported. I agree with D1 and C23, we should be more strict. I tried to be here: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/complaints/11159-zippo-vs-nail-roper/ (and my karma dropped considerably, hehe).

The league is getting more active as we speak, so we should act consistently to prevent endless fights and discussions at solving complaints.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline GodiTo

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 04:07 PM »
Totally agree with Darkone

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 06:18 PM »
Truth is, we haven't treated offending players as strictly as the (in caps and bold written) rule might imply, but we also didn't leave DoN games just be, at least not when we noticed DoN games being reported. I agree with D1 and C23, we should be more strict. I tried to be here: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/complaints/11159-zippo-vs-nail-roper/ (and my karma dropped considerably, hehe).

The league is getting more active as we speak, so we should act consistently to prevent endless fights and discussions at solving complaints.

aww
to compensate, I rated that one up ;D