Forums
May 15, 2024, 08:04 AM

Author Topic: Improving TUS  (Read 524 times)

Improving TUS
« on: March 30, 2010, 08:37 PM »
Ok so just a couple things that I think would really improve TUS and shouldnt be too hard to implement.

Firstly Cups.

Now it can get very messey filtering through pages of comments to try and find any information relating to you or your opponant so I have a simple solution to make information much easier to process.

Instead of everyone posting in the cups thread to try and organise games, or ask for a mods help etc, each group should have a comment box in which players in that group can post comments. This would make it far easier for people to contact people, and for mods to see exactly who is making an effort to get the games played within each group. It certainly saves the hassle of having to click through page after page of comments and spam to try and find informartion relating to you or your group.

Secondly, the stats table.

Now we've talked about the stats table time and time again, but theres still one thing that you havent yet implemented MI.

You still have to browse through to page 3 in order to see who has made the playoffs (by default). Could you please put a little button at the top of the PO column that quickly lists all of the players qualifying for POs from top to bottom. It would just make it that bit easier to see whos in the playoffs when not all of them are on the 1st page.

Clicking this button could also explain why someone has qualified where they have (just to make it easier for people to understand).

So, you click the button and you get this:

1:NAiL    (1st Seasonal)
2:Gonzo (1st Overall)
3:Maciej (2nd Seasonal)
4:beer    (2nd Overall)
5:ZiPpO  (3rd Seasonal)
6:Crazy   (3rd Overall)
7:Mablak (4th Seasonal)
8:Zoky     (4th Overall)

Ok? What do you think?
worm and learn

Offline Maciej

Re: Improving TUS
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 08:42 PM »
yaaay I'm 3rd! xD  :-*

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Improving TUS
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 03:45 AM »
Ok so just a couple things that I think would really improve TUS and shouldnt be too hard to implement.

If it is a good idea, I don't care if it is hard ;)

1. well for the cups, it is simple. atm the cup mod can post in the group events. The members of that group can't. Giving them permission to do so would make the mod job more, no? I mean then he has to check every group to see who has posted there and this doesn't mean he won't be checking the cup comments, cause people WILL post in there too. Let's see what others think, (I'm positive on this) then you got :)

2. Have you ever noticed this:

It is no big deal for me to put button. Probably just a matter of page design and layout.
Positions 1, 3, 5, 7 means the they were qualified seasonal and 2, 4, 6, 8 means they were overall. You know even forgetting about the standings page, the playoffs page always shows the current qualified people for that season.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.