Do you want to have more schemes?

Yes.
12 (30%)
No.
19 (47.5%)
I don't care.
9 (22.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: More 'Schemes'?  (Read 11097 times)

Offline Crazy

Re: More 'Schemes'?
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2010, 12:27 PM »
It wont lead to dozen of ties, that`s an ignorant answer Dulek. The normal RR worked in leagues for a long time until TTRR came, why should it not work now? Just ask D1, it doesn`t lead to a dozen of ties

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2010, 12:31 PM »
So yeah for any newcomers to this thread, here is the idea I propose:

Everyone can play any section of the league they want, Classic, Free, TNL, those all have their individual standings, Classic Standings, Free Standings, TNL Standings, but there should be an All-Round Standings which takes into consideration all 3 sections of TuS for an All-Round Rating.

Like all games from every league (Classic/Free/TNL) All add up and count towards an All-Round League/Standings, so everything is basically as it is, just we have All-Round Standings which is all 3 added up, or added up and averaged out.

« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2010, 12:31 PM »
With people playing the easiest maps nowadays I have to hold my opinion. Imo TTRR is an improved version of RR and it's been quite good for several years with only TTRR available.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2010, 12:41 PM »
Indeed people only play the plane lineair maps like AZ, QP etc, what about playing abit more variated maps that are not so plane (long Herm/Strato maps for example), then we COULD play 30 sec RR.

« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2010, 12:46 PM »
That could work indeed but only if people start playing such maps, which is rather hard to believe for me.

« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2010, 01:59 PM »
This whole thread has drifted off topic lol

Dennis is kinda confusing with his posts but his point is simple; He wants more schemes to be added to the free league. Ive wanted this too, for example boomrace is there but battlerace isnt. The list of "free" schemes needs to be updated with all the schemes we can think of, and an "other" option for schemes that havent yet been made public or have been made up on the spot. These schemes should then be added by request to the free league if they are played enough. The free league is hardly ever played in comparison to the classic league so it isnt that big of an issue, but theres no harm in updating the list of 'free' schemes for when people do wish to play the free league.

+ about adding ssr to the classic league, I dont agree. Its not really popular enough amongst the majority of classic league players. Its also prone to map bashing and there is a huge gap between skilled ssr'ers and the skills of the average classic league player who only uses the sheep in elite or t17.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 02:03 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2010, 03:15 PM »
NAiL battle race were added a looooong time ago.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2010, 03:32 PM »
fine but, you see what his point is right?

Its a simple request, update the selection of free league schemes with all of the schemes that we know and add an "other" option just in case people play a scheme that isnt listed.
worm and learn

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2010, 04:03 PM »
I'll add Big RR, Tower, plopwar and Golf so far.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline DENnis

« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2010, 04:33 PM »
Thank you very much MonkeyIsland  8)

« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2010, 05:04 PM »
whats the difference between big rr and tower? tower is just a vertical big rr right?
worm and learn

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2010, 05:06 PM »
Yes true my mistake :)

« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2010, 05:14 PM »
RR would be cool mayb imo! i played mayb few 30s rrs but them r fun and i would play longer maps for sure!
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2010, 08:39 PM »
WHy does a scheme have to be popular to be in the league?

Hardly anyone picks BnG and thats in?

As long as it's fun and competitive thats the whole reason behind an "all-round league" isn't it?

Offline avirex

« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2010, 09:28 PM »
komo brings up an excellent point.. id say we remove bng from classic league, and place it into free league :D