Forums
May 02, 2024, 12:28 AM

Author Topic: Navigation hooks/php  (Read 31 times)

Offline Perfect

Navigation hooks/php
« on: November 07, 2012, 09:32 PM »
MI, does tus use hooks for quick population of the navigation menu? In other words, does your theme have a [menu] as an action word that tells the TUS system to pour the entire menu in that place? Or can TUS customize what appears in the menu (ie, specific hooks per parent link) (ie, [League], [cups], etc)

And is it possible to get a copy of ur current theme? Please do make sure all sensitive info is scrubbed from its content. Or is it possible to use a SMF theme from their website and template over that? I'm trying to understand your beastly system.

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Navigation hooks/php
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 05:03 AM »
The source of TUS and its HTML output are completely separated. Meaning when a page is called, the required data is called from the source and the appropriate theme is loaded after.

So you have the ultimate flexibility Perfect. Anything you want you can do in your HTML. No limitation at all. because the only thing system does is that pass the required data to your theme file and leave the rest to it.

There are 2 aspects for TUS design. One is the general look, for example the current one have sky and water at bottom. The second is the specific page content. If TUS engine doesn't find a page specific theme, then it loads the default one instead. I'll give you an example:

Say we're in leagues report page. There are 2 templates getting loaded here:
1. The general theme/template. (which is TUS header and footer)
2. The report page/form data which is put inside the general theme template. This is the one that lets people to report their games.

Now if you only redesign the general theme (that is header/footer and navigation links), when someone is using your theme, TUS engine uses your theme for "general theme" and looks to see if your theme have a report page/form function too. When it doesn't find it, it loads the current/default TUS report page.

So this way helps you to only redesign the pages you are interested in. For example if you think TUS home page must be different, you can go only for "homepage" ...

As you surely know by now, the "must" in every new design is the general theme. You can leave the system to use any default page, but the header/footer, navigation links etc etc must be done for the new design.

Hope this helps.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Perfect

Re: Navigation hooks/php
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 02:11 PM »
This helps a lot, thx.