Forums
May 07, 2024, 12:29 PM

Author Topic: People and inactivity in cups/leagues etc  (Read 825 times)

Offline JayX

People and inactivity in cups/leagues etc
« on: July 07, 2011, 11:11 PM »
Hey guys, just wondering if there is anything in place to help members here when it comes to activity in cups etc.

I am aware I am new here so this really is a question and not pointing fingers at anybody as I know (at least in my BR Cup atm) that some members there have not played games yet but certainly intend to do so as soon as they can and I have no issue with that at all.

But what I am wondering is, what stops people signing up to cups etc and then simply not playing them? It makes it very difficult to progress a cup or whatever when you (for example) have 50 players and 5 of them are just not coming to TUS or AG to check and play their games.

Perhaps some motivation on TUS's part to ensure these people play their games would help. For example if you sign up to a cup and do not contact the mod to say "I cant play because of random reason X,Y or Z and I'm sorry" and simply sign up and bail on the cup that you should not be able to sign up for cups again for a month or so if you are a repeat offender, or at least that they get a note added to their account saying "this person has signed up for cups and not finished (3) in a row. or something so that Mods can make an informed decision on who to allow into their cup... like an Ebay "feedback" type system based on peoples ability to be reliable and active.

I know that people can be replaced in cups as long as they have not played a game yet.. but what if they have? is the cup then broken?

As a new member I understand it takes time to get how everything works here, but I have always thought hey... what's the harm in asking? :)

Peace
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 11:15 PM by JayX »

Offline Alien

Re: People and inactivity in cups/leagues etc
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 12:47 AM »
i think there is no solution jayx, except that they will be kicked out of the cup.
mods must live with that. :/

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 06:04 AM »
I've been keeping track of how many games were played (though I've neglected it the last couple of months cause of moving house, new job etcetera): https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/cups-general/cup-stats-regarding-activity/
I don't get the feeling it's being used by mods so far, but it's there :)

Offline JayX

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 12:38 PM »
Nice!

Yeah it's good to have that there to check for sure. But maybe mods either a) don't all know about it or b) don't have time to check the list over and over every time a new player they don't know joins their cup.

Maybe using the stats you have gathered you could allow players to gain a "trusted" status or something.. perhaps a coloured nick for players with a 70%+ average another for players with around 50% and then one for those with less than 50%?

Anything really where there is a quick easy to reference and recognisable icon or colour that mods can readily identify.

Again I appreciate I am new here and by no means wish to come across like I am telling you how to run things. The site is great, I'm simply offering my thoughts on what I have experienced so far as a TUS player and cup moderator. :)

There has to be some way to help mods make informed decisions about who to allow into their cups and who to not.

<3

Offline JayX

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 12:42 PM »
Just another thought on this. Perhaps like you have the reputation applaud and smite option here in the forum. This obviously is no good for mods to decide who plays games and who doesn't. But what about another thing almost the same where Mods (only during their cup) can vote on the players within that cup and rate them based on their activity.

Players can vote on how good a moderator is.. so maybe having the option to vote both ways so mods can vote on how good the players are at actually playing the games they agreed to play when joining the cup.

At least this way the players and mods themselves can regulate this, instead of passing yet another job onto you guys to deal with.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 12:45 PM by JayX »