Forums
May 11, 2024, 07:58 PM

Author Topic: Playoff scheme picking  (Read 856 times)

Offline avirex

Playoff scheme picking
« on: April 28, 2013, 04:28 AM »
i was thinking how much easier, and quicker it would be on gameday if everyone picked their playoff scheme first either if there was a system that MI could code, or we just did it via forums.

but for clanner playoffs at least it would be nice...  the clan that won rights to pick first could say their pick on forums, then the next clan can say their 2nd pick, then 1st says 3rd and so on...

it not only will make things quicker, on game-day, but it will help clans know who they want to play each scheme and be able to prepare for them...   it also might be a good idea for the clans to say what members they would like to play (but would not be limited to those members if they decided to change)

for example i believe i read AeF is having trouble getting all their members together and risk getting kicked... if all schemes were picked prior, and they knew who they wanted to play in each scheme, those 2 members may be able to set a time with the 2 members of the other clan easier then gathering all members of each clan....

even if schemes were played out of order, it would not matter... example: bng was last pick, but lets assume it was played first, because those members of each clan scheduled quickly, or just happened to all be in AG one day.. you can play that game, but in the case of being a 3-0 sweep, or 3-1  (in the correct order the schemes were picked) in the end the bng game would be voided.

this was just a brain storm, maybe there are some flaws to this idea that i did not think through.... just wanna see what everyone thinks.

Offline Korydex

Re: Playoff scheme picking
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 05:00 AM »
Good idea.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 07:16 AM »
A really good idea man ! I wish this idea was even mandatory lol.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 08:12 AM »
this would be the best way to play olayoffs

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 09:55 AM »
If you drag the games out like a cup it won't be fun at all and will lose all its charm. (+you're killing the streaming potential) All games should be played consecutively, unless postponed for a valid reason.
The thing is, if you're active enough to get into playoffs I'm pretty sure you can get your whole damn clan together for one evening.

And as for picking the schemes before the actual meeting, I'm on a fence, there are pros and cons to this.

Offline avirex

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 11:49 PM »
guess you bring up good points...

but its not as easy as you make it seem for some clans to get everyone together, everyone is from different timezones, and not only are you trying to organize one clan, but both clans...

but either way, you bring up some decent cons to my idea, all though no1 seems to stream anymore.