Forums
April 28, 2024, 10:34 PM

Author Topic: Site tutorial  (Read 40 times)

Site tutorial
« on: December 06, 2012, 12:00 AM »
Just to quickly tell you that I did think about the website. My opinion is that it is going to be complicated for the final user, so I thought about something. I think you are using gmail, do you remember the tutorial when they introduced pop up for new message ? The screen is black (but you can see the website in the background) and there is a windows explaining how to use the new feature. I was thinking about doing the same for our website. When you first register it explains to you the different features. You can skip it but there is always a link at the bottom if you want to see it again.Something somehow like this but automatics with custom background: http://dreamerslab.com/demos/jquery-blockui-alternative-with-jquery-msg-plugin

Offline Perfect

Re: Site tutorial
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 05:49 AM »
Complicated indeed. And the pop up visuals are ideal to get users started, opposed to long lengthy text. it seems easy for MI to implement if we can prepare the text for him.

BTW, I been working a lot lately (New job) and I'm Sry for not replying sooner. I have put a little work towards the dummy PNG file for design. It incorporates HHC's recommendation for link consolidation. I will upload soon. But so you know, the design team is still alive.

Offline THeDoGG

Re: Site tutorial
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 05:32 PM »