Forums
May 02, 2024, 07:50 AM

Author Topic: [Suggestion] Game replays that had disconnection could be easily indentified  (Read 761 times)

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
This idea is just a really small detail, but I think that maybe if it's not too hard to implement, it would be better.

When there's a bo5 match of a cup and there's a disconnection, it could have some icon near the replay button evidencing that the replay about to be downloaded was a game that was played for the match, but there was something wrong with it: someone disconnected, or it was invalid because players didn't respect the rules, but they were reported for documentation and historical reasons. This way it exposes the games that people potentially disconnected in purpose or not, what is more fair in my opinion, and at the same time if someone that will download the games see that it's an invalid game, this person don't need to watch it if the person is not interested to see an invalid game.

There could be also information about 2 replays that represent the same match, for example: someone disconnected and players decided to rematch and start from the same spot they were on the race before the network drop. These two replays are actually the same round, but in two different replays. So, these replays could have some symbol or floating text when a pointer is at them, demonstrating that both replays are from the same round/game.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline MonkeyIsland

OK I think we can come up with something similar to indicate disconnected replays.

However detecting if 2 replays are the same round wouldn't be possible unless a TUS member manually marks them as one round.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Lupastic

• Fantastic

• Hungary Hungary
    • View Profile
this would have been a very useful tool against a very well known quitter/disconnection-forcer like Zalo, who abused the system many times in the past against many players ;o not wanting to come up with unnecessary drama from the past, but he found a very nice loophole to avoid losses and then start new matches with new chances, and against me and in clanners it worked out for him multiple times. just unplug ur wifibox when the loop tightens :-* in a turn based game like this sadly it's a working way to cheat. however, not sure if any of you played heroes 3 or heroes 4 competitively online, there if you dropped a game it's your own fault and the opponent gets those free winning points right away. this makes me think about originally it might have been the same for W:A where you report your matches to a league. it was just a gentlemen courtesy when it wasn't your fault that your internet sux and drops often, you got another chance and it's better to play out games fair and square. this site and multiple schemes even have unique rules to follow after disconnection.. ;o a courtesy which can be violated very easily by the wrong people 8)

Offline MonkeyIsland

I don't know about Zalo and I won't accuse him unless it is proven. (So should you) However I have a solution for those situations:

1. We can collect disconnections statistics from replays and if a player has a disconnection habit, it will surely reflect in those statistics.
2. With the match making system, it will check user's connection and if they drop, it will also drop from the match making tool.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.