Forums
April 27, 2024, 07:51 PM

Author Topic: This league's playoff qualifications suck ass  (Read 2341 times)

This league's playoff qualifications suck ass
« on: October 30, 2009, 12:18 AM »
Am I the only one that realizes that a player who is in 140th and makes the playoffs is completely retarded? Think about it... 140th place...  it's not just retarded, it's bullshit to the players who actually tried to play this season... I'm sitting here trying to figure out who the 8th player to qualify so far is.. and it turns out he is on the 7th page. Can no one see this is a terrible system?
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Ray

Open your eyes!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 08:26 AM »
Read before posting.  ;)

Moreover, there are plenty of more refined ways to let us know your feelings, such as:
  • giving us ideas instead of reaming our ass out
  • trying to actually understand what this is about, and if you seem unable to do so, we are always here to answer your questions

Now go to the discuss topic of the problem, you might be interested in that.  :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 08:42 AM by Ray »

Offline THeDoGG

Re: This league's playoff qualifications suck ass
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 11:28 AM »
WOW flame post ? "Retarded" ? "bullshit" ? "suck ass" ??

And you didnt even say "hello" ? lol... Unpolite bad boy!!! rebel of forums.

Offline Rok

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 12:33 PM »
He sure ain't shy...
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 12:40 PM »
soge, Do you know what pattern TUS uses for its PO qualification?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 06:43 PM »
lol ban him !!!

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 08:05 PM »
I dont think soge has a point tho, theys why i made my thread about playoffs..

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 09:11 PM »
soge all u did here is complain... you didnt give us any idea on how we could improve it or anything, you can tell us how retarded it is all u want but it doesnt help you neither us, i agree that it needs to be tweaked... but posting like this doesnt help anything, how about a suggestion to make it better?

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 01:19 AM »
his point is that a player who is on the last 9th page on the standings and 16th places from the bottom of this seasons stats is in the playoffs.. He wants more rewards for the current season players than the overall rating players when it comes to selecting who enters the playoffs.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 04:24 AM »
Well he is talking about Flori. FLori is the first overall, Has his 50% winning percentage and have played enough games in this season. He lost 4 - 5 TTRR to Unique and went down. Maybe because soge doesn't know Flori history on TUS, Thinks it is this much unfair?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 12:19 PM »
i dont deny that flori shouldnt be in playoffs because of his efforts from previous seasons, thats the whole point of having a ladder.. But from an outsider (sogeking) and doing ur first season i think it just seems harder for the top 4 of seasonally points to make it into playoffs than those who are top 4 in overall points to just play games to make playoffs. Theres quiet a fight for that 4th place between juice, zippo and sogeking.

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 12:35 PM »
perhaps if we increased the winning percentage needed for the overall players only? 50% is easy to get for players already at the top

just a quick idea

edit: sry if i shouldof posted this in the other thread :P
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 12:37 PM by WookA »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 12:47 PM »
Well Juice and ZiPpO played over 100 games in this season. Soge has played 36 games.
Juice even started playing in season 7.

Reviewing Flori, He's been active in most of TUS seasons and gaining points to reach the level he is now.

@WookA: do you remember this post (about winning percentage)

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 01:13 PM »
i do now... its a pretty old thread :P

i think the problem is flori... lets ban him! xD

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2009, 01:17 PM »
Yeah, i think the problem is flori too. We need to go and own him in loads of tus's to bring his rating down. Thats whats happened this season anyway. Hes lost 700 odd points! I guess because of that its hightlighted this problem! I think the cure to TuS would be to have more pros playing competitively. Alot of old schoolers dont see much competition in wa single leagues anymore so dont bother :( Its a shame because its like its a downward spiral. Once someone good stops and becomes inactive, then less skilled players about, so encourages more to stop as they get bored too. If loads could come back at once and play again it would be cool.
Players like zippo wouldnt know what had hit them! lol. Imagine a tus season where mablak, mil2, flowingwater(franz), anubis, benz, dibz, CF germans, ropa, leroy, lyte, ... ... (list goes on) were active? Worms has seen some amazing allrounders. You look at the standings now and you only have a handfull of players who are in that kinda class of player!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 01:20 PM by Chicken23 »