Forums
May 05, 2024, 01:13 PM

Author Topic: TUS fixer userscript  (Read 1206 times)

TUS fixer userscript
« on: May 09, 2014, 09:08 PM »
Hi! ;D
Although I have been playing for quite a long time, I'm new to TUS.
Although I'm new to TUS, I've already gotten tired of its design, randomly changing backgrounds and themes, flying shit and animations. It is getting even worse if I use my laptop, which is a really slow machine, because it is starting to slow the browser down, apart of the general annoyance and distraction.

So I've written a script in JS for use with Greasemonkey.

You don't have to like it, you may think it is ugly and the default theme is beautiful and the best ever created, but maybe for someone it will be useful and someone will say "thank you". ::)

Before:

After:

Please note, I've wrote it for myself, and share it with you just because I thought it may be useful for someone. If it is not, don't comment and pass by.

To install the script, first install the Greasemonkey add-on for Firefox.

When ready, click onto this link: install the script.

If you use a Chromium-based browser, this article is for you this article is for you

If you use another browser, google it.

Thanks for attention! :P

Re: TUS fixer userscript
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 09:15 PM »
Uh, and it also hacks the Shoutbox so it requests (sends an http request in background) the server for a new shouts not every 3 seconds, like it were (impossible CPU time eater...), but once in 10 minutes.

I'll upload the script at userscripts.org when it comes back up working.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 09:39 PM »
Can also use thedogg's theme, no flying shit like you didn't like and simple.
 https://www.tus-wa.com/profile/?area=theme
Click on change theme at the top.

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 09:50 PM »
Can also use thedogg's theme, no flying shit like you didn't like and simple.
Click on change theme at the top.

Yea I've seen this before, but still was too intensive for my eye. Plus the shoutbox thingy.

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 09:57 PM »
Updated the script, now it deletes signatures under every post on the forum because these fatty colorful images and userbars people often set as their signature look too unneeded and annoying for me, especially when there's an active discussion between two and more people with such signatures... :-X

To update, just click on the link and agree to install again.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 10:01 PM by dbanet »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 10:09 PM »
Updated the script, now it deletes signatures under every post on the forum because these fatty colorful images and userbars people often set as their signature look too unneeded and annoying for me, especially when there's an active discussion between two and more people with such signatures... :-X

To update, just click on the link and agree to install again.
Haha, you have the OCD don't you?  Anyways, good work, i'm glad we will have more options for the minimalists :)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 08:36 AM »
Hello dbanet,

Thanks for the efforts but you could just ask on TUS to make sure those options are not already around.

On your profile, look and layout:

If you are on the worms design, on top you will see many options to modify it like:
1. Remove the template to randomly change. Fix it as anything you like or base it on one per day.
2. Remove clouds
3. remove bubbles
4. minimize clouds part height

Again on the very same page, if you scroll down, you will see many more options like
1. Don't show users' signatures.
2. Turn off shoutbox and IM system.

Also you can choose between 4 themes. All 3 other themes are simple looking and not much animation flying around.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Joschi

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 09:14 AM »
My favorit is TheDogg - Paradise, without user signatures and profil pictures of course :) I just dislike dark themes and bling-bling content.

I would like the option to modify homepage's content. I am not interessted in "latest tournaments" but therefor maybe in a "latest game awards"-box.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 09:20 AM by Joschi »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2014, 04:11 PM »
Joschi visit this page:
https://www.tus-wa.com/?edit
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 10:36 PM »
My favorit is TheDogg - Paradise, without user signatures and profil pictures of course :) I just dislike dark themes and bling-bling content.

I would like the option to modify homepage's content. I am not interessted in "latest tournaments" but therefor maybe in a "latest game awards"-box.
Why bother setting a signature for yourself if you have signatures disabled?  Seems counterintuitive. 

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 10:44 PM »
Probably because he has to, to be able to play in eac :)

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2014, 11:23 PM »
Haha it is the compelling of the Staffel all over again.  Mein signature!

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2014, 02:00 PM »
Hello dbanet,

Thanks for the efforts but you could just ask on TUS to make sure those options are not already around.

On your profile, look and layout:

If you are on the worms design, on top you will see many options to modify it like:
1. Remove the template to randomly change. Fix it as anything you like or base it on one per day.
2. Remove clouds
3. remove bubbles
4. minimize clouds part height

Again on the very same page, if you scroll down, you will see many more options like
1. Don't show users' signatures.
2. Turn off shoutbox and IM system.

Also you can choose between 4 themes. All 3 other themes are simple looking and not much animation flying around.

Maybe for me writing a short userscript is easier than messing with various settings which are deeply hidden in the overloaded user interface. (And what if I fail to adjust something?) :P

Offline SPW

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2014, 03:59 PM »

nope, its free and not a factor at all. Dont spread bullshit, d1  ;D