Forums
May 12, 2024, 01:11 AM

Author Topic: TUS shoutbox and IM system  (Read 372 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

TUS shoutbox and IM system
« on: September 05, 2012, 08:01 AM »
You've all know how to use it. Everything seems to be self-explanatory. This topic will cover things you may not know or possible feature requests.

Did you know?

• You can disable IM system completely and never get bothered with? Profile => Look and layout
  • In each members profile there's a Send IM link which opens up his chat window.
  • If you click on a member on the shoutbox, it opens up his/her private chat window.
  • You can do /msg member_name in any chat to open up a private window for anyone you like without having to find his profile link.
  • You can use /me or /anon commands.
  • If you click on the red cross on private chat windows, that window will never pop up again and you can bring it back by /msg command or clicking on the member's name.
  • You can check all your chats via shoutbox history page?

Why my private messages get deleted?

Every few seconds TUS checks your last 100 private messages (not group messages). It means that if my chat window with darkmaul have 10 messages in it and I talk with darkone 100 messages in a row, my chats on darkmauls window disappears not deleted. Because they won't be in the latest 100 messages. This is in order to keep shoutbox smooth and fast. This won't happen in groups. Each groups gets its own latest 50 messages appearing the box.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 08:21 AM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Re: TUS shoutbox and IM system
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 08:56 AM »
thanks, but shoutbox history's messages should be in another order :)

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win