Forums
April 28, 2024, 08:36 PM

Author Topic: TUS site on IE8  (Read 2028 times)

Offline Ray

TUS site on IE8
« on: January 18, 2009, 04:14 PM »
Hey!

TUS site looks a bit strange on IE8 (Windows 7 BETA).
At the bottom, there is a blue line, like 10 px high under the water. The water and the clouds move slower and laggy, also the clouds do not go out from the screen but they start repeating before leaving the whole screen. That is kinda all.

Online MonkeyIsland

Re: TUS site on IE8
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 07:58 PM »
lol you are trying TUS on a beta OS and a beta browser :D
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Zemke

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 06:13 AM »
I don't have Windows 7, lawl  :-[

But I have IE8. Go to "->extras -> compatibility view"
- I hope you understand  :)

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 06:59 AM »
And that makes it to view it properly?

If so, Nice ting to know PiNK`, Thanks.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ray

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 03:24 PM »
I just threw in these lines, but Monkey, as you say, I should not view any websites on beta browser and os?.. I wanted to help you ;<
:P

Offline Breeze

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 10:50 PM »
the problem is you're using internet explorer imo :P

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 07:22 AM »
Internet Explorer AND Windows7 suck :-X

You should wait for the Windows7 official release, they said that this beta sucks hard  ;)

Here comes the snow

Offline Rioter

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 07:44 PM »
Internet Explorer AND Windows7 suck :-X

You should wait for the Windows7 official release, they said that this beta sucks hard  ;)

Sorry, but I find what "they said" complete b&@@$&#∞.

Yes fair enough, IE8 does suck, but people will use it, and beta or not, it will eventually become a full release. OK with probably more compatibility, but still.

Windows 7, that's something for another day. And also have you actually used Windows 7. My money is on the answer No

Edit: I booted into Windows 7, and looking at it, this appears to only happen on a few pages, home page being one. Doesn't happen on this page, and I am not in compatibility mode either.
Scroll bars on this text entry doesn't work :P
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 12:26 AM by Rioter »

Offline Ray

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 12:40 AM »
I am not using Internet Explorer, it is similar then blindly parachuting. But as it was in Windows7 which I tried (but not used for long) I tried IE8 as well.

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 04:12 AM »
I heard that the Windows 7 was going to be good for his good compability, but I'm not sure...
Here comes the snow

Offline Rioter

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 09:04 PM »
I heard that the Windows 7 was going to be good for his good compability, but I'm not sure...
Lets put it this way. Windows 7 is way*∞ better than Vista. Let's keep it at that.

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 12:24 AM »
Lol, you know what does way*∞ equal, right? It's like writing 1*2 instead of 2. ;)

Oh and btw
Quote from: tus
An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 12 hours.
You're lucky this time, Pixy-dixy!

Offline chakkman

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 10:00 PM »
Windows 7 is thrown at the market because ppl who never used Vista say that Vista sux :P
Really i dont understand what all the fuss is about... Some old stuff doesnt run on Vista yea. And in benchmarks its mostly 10-15 % less frames in games, no wonder tho if u have in mind that it has a lot of more things running in the background, desktop effects (might be deactivated in full screen applications tho, dunno) etc. If you happen to have a fast enough computer you wont even notice that its slower. And why should Windows 7 be better in compatibility issues? As far as i read it has the same kernel than Vista which is responsible for those things.
Cant judge Windows 7 anyway with that beta... its something that Microsoft had to throw quickly on the market to make ppl happy after the "big disappointment" they encountered with Vista, which i cant confirm btw... its stable, program compatibility even for old applications is ok. I can actually count the progs that didnt work on one hand without having to use all fingers ;). The problems that companies encounter with their software is another thing, mostly because it wasnt designed to run on Vista tho ;)