Forums
May 12, 2024, 06:52 PM

Author Topic: TUSNet  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Ray

TUSNet
« on: October 22, 2010, 03:13 PM »
This is more of a question than some new thing to be discused... I came across with a WormNET Username option in the profile preferences... Does that mean what I think it does? :) I mean... that TUSNet is on it's way? :P

Offline chakkman

Re: TUSNet
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 03:17 PM »
Where? What? :)

Offline Crazy

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 03:45 PM »
But what would we need that for? :o

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 10:14 AM »
Well, a few things I think it would be great for:

Hosting tournaments. Here's the system I imagined: you sign up for a tournament maybe 20 minutes before it starts. When you sign up here, on the site, you automatically get rights to join the given channel on TUSNet. Other people wouldn't be able to join -> no spamming and such shit.

If you are looking for a TUS, you don't just spam in #AnythingGoes on WormNET, join TUSNet, there would be channels like #ClassicLeague, #FreeLeague... You join and your rank will be automatically your Classic League rank or the other. This way, if there is someone there, you can almost instantly play and chances are, there will always be some people in.

Just a few ideas. :)

Offline avirex

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 10:30 AM »
but.... the reason people spam in AG is because there is no1 looking for tus aswell....

besides it would encourage avoiding... *snoop #tus" - "hmm Ray is there, ill wait" :p

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 11:03 AM »
It is not TUSNet ^^

Wait a few days to see its purpose ;)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 11:08 AM »
Well actually, if people joined TuSnet it would show they are looking for a TUS and they wouldn't be able to avoid, cuz you would know they are actually there to TUS someone, whether in AG they will wait until all the best players are gone before they start TUS NE1?

I mean, I hope this would encourage people to play TUS and to stop avoiding, but I honestly there are a number of people who won't use it simply because they can't just sit there waiting for the right moment to ask "TUS NE1?"

Plus, I don't see the point, it's good enough without a TUS NET, why divide WormNET up? Some people like to be on the same server cuz even if some are clanning, some are in a Tournament, some are playing for fun, some are just there to chat, they can all chat with each other.

At the most you should just ask for a TUS channel in the Original WormNET...

I think that would work...

Offline Ray

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 11:54 AM »
Komo, another purpose of this is to prevent downtimes, which happen quite often lately with WormNET. TUS's server is more reliable.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 12:23 PM »
TUS's server is more reliable.

Is it? Are you 100% sure about that? How could you say something is more reliable that hasn't even been running public?

WNET has been running for over 11 years now, I'd go as far as to say it is probably one of the longest running servers for a game...

We losts Ranks (who cares now lol) It's more about the fun anyway, it goes down from time to time and not for very long when it does go down...

I'd say that is pretty reliable...

It'd be nice as a backup, but not a different server. Thats my opinion anyway.

Offline avirex

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 02:08 PM »
Komo... I mesn people would snoop under a diff alias....   Obviosuly me, u, and alot of others wont... But i can think of some avoiders off the top of my head that r silly enough to do that lol.. I wont mention nam.es tho... I agree with komo.. No point to split people up...  Anyway MI said its not a wnet server so lets w8 n see

Offline Husk

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 11:51 AM »
from what i read in this topic: maybe not an other wormnet, but maybe this could be something in tus's site? it could work like websnoop; when u would use TUSNet u could see wormnet from tus's point of view, any1 using TUSNet would obviously have his tus profile linked. Classic rank, TEL rank and Free rank, and maybe there could be seperate channels/features for each of them like ray suggested (=
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:35 PM by Husk »

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 08:00 PM »
This is really good news. Wonderful idea indeed.

P.S.: I hope this may possibly be added in NNN's site, as well.
[19:10] <+coste`> I want darkxlord to be my father, and father of my childrens.

[14:58:24] <StepS> how do i type "?" from my keyboard?
[14:59:05] <StepS> there should be some combination, not only Alt+####

Offline chakkman

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 08:39 PM »
Husk seems to be the only one that didn't overread MI's post lol.

Offline avirex

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2010, 09:45 PM »
either that, or the only one that did read it.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2010, 10:38 PM »
Yeah, either that or the only one that did not read it not.