Forums
May 09, 2024, 10:27 PM

Author Topic: Players clan transfers  (Read 2834 times)

Offline Chicken23

Re: Players clan transfers
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2012, 10:57 AM »
Similar ideas have come up in the past and as much as we'd all like to have a price tag on our heads to boast our egos even more, its a system that can't really happen. (unless worms becomes a sport and is televised and we all get paid to play...)

One system similar was the idea of an american draft. Lower clans at bottom of standings got to have the best pick of draft players, these could be up and comming players who have alot of talent, and the top clans that kept winning the league were not allowed to recuit or had some kind of sanction so they didn't stay a strong.

End of the day, no one will clan with people they don't want to clan with, (unless you pay them money) lol

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2012, 11:09 AM »
The only thing that did work once was (I don't even remember the league) when 8 captains were selected and they could pick players  from a pool of players that signed up previously. Teams of 5 to 8 players were formed and they could play this parallel clan league, it helped in those times were you can't manage to find a classic clanner, there's a chance that there's people from the same team on and you can arrange one of these.
Good for practice. Good for activity. Good for meeting players from others clans.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2012, 11:12 AM »
The only thing that did work once was (I don't even remember the league) when 8 captains were selected and they could pick players  from a pool of players that signed up previously. Teams of 5 to 8 players were formed and they could play this parallel clan league, it helped in those times were you can't manage to find a classic clanner, there's a chance that there's people from the same team on and you can arrange one of these.
Good for practice. Good for activity. Good for meeting players from others clans.

yea, there was also like a world cup with captains from countries. current clan league activity isn't an issue though so no need.

Offline HHC

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2012, 11:28 AM »
That didn't work out at all though ropa?

I think the highest amount of games played in those systems was like 4 or 5.  :'(

If you want to make a system with 'teams' work out you need to go with 1vs1 matchups. In essence such a system wouldn't be hard to apply. You could divide players over 16 to 20 teams, start up a 1vs1 league (with 2vs2 as an option) and keep a seperate standing for teams (like the communities/clans standings right now). That way nobody has to play with people they don't like.. they can just work on their own record and at the same time gather points for their squad. Then at the end of the season there are prizes for the best performing individuals and also a playoffs for the best teams, where the best players of teams match up against each other.
For example
Random (best BnGer of TeamA) vs Komodo (best BnGer of TeamB)
Peja (best Eliter of TeamA) vs Daina (best Eliter of TeamB)
A rule that would limit each player to 1 scheme would make sure that it would truly be a team effort. When a week or so has passed you count how many schemes teamA won vs teamB and vice versa and determine the winner.

There would be no need for personal contact between team members this way, everyone can just start on their own. The only thing that is different from a singles ladder is that all the points gathered count toward a shared rating and that there are team playoffs (but still 1vs1).

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2012, 11:33 AM »
I love HHC's idea.

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2012, 12:10 PM »
I never post an idea that contain logic on it, but lol Im enjoying spamming tus with ideas XD
What about divide into three one league?  New player will play on league C, and for example 4 best players from this league get in league B, sure by playoffs, imagine how big will be feelings to get on top-4 on league and go in league B for newbie (THIS IDEA INCREASE ALOT OF PRACTISING FROM PLAYERS ), league B will have 2 playoffs for winners, and for loosers, (who get on league A/C)
On league A will play top players, and only top, some avoider cant get through playoffs (THIS IDEA REMOVE AVOIDING f@#! YEAH).
If player wasnt enough active, for example didnt played any game on season, he will get on lower league without playoffs (THIS IDEA IMPROVE OVERALL PLAYERS ACTIVITY SINCE PLAYING BECOME THE MUST) (THIS IDEA REMOVE ALIASERS FROM TOP LEAGUE BECAUSE PLAYER WONT BE ACTIVE 2 SEASONS JUST TO GET ON TOP WITH HIS ALIASH MUAHAHAH)
problems of idea? Not enough players/low activity. Its hard from time to time find a single tus, and searching it for your league will become much harder
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 12:12 PM by Impossible »

Offline theredi

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2012, 04:19 PM »
DarkOne I trusted you with my project and you betray my trust?

I will no longer talk to you.

pfff i menaged to reveal all ur secrets already, look people what that maniac is trying to do: