Forums
April 28, 2024, 12:38 AM

Author Topic: wkMissions  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Sycotropic

wkMissions
« on: November 26, 2021, 12:41 AM »
In order to get closer to what the eventual in-game option to play WWP or other custom missions may look like, I think a module that allows you to update which missions are loaded in the WA frontend (maybe with some extra UI) would be amazing. I know that wkTerrainSync has some mission loading stuff, but it's not the full mission set experience that you have with the built-in missions and it's not ideal if you want to play all of the missions in a sequence, say for speedrunning.

I think what the module would need to do is hook in to the mission frontend and allow the user to override the hard-coded mission index. Right now WA expects a specific # of missions and maps mission names (ids, essentially) to image files. So you'd want the ability to specify your own mapping of mission names to images. Maybe it would even be possible to modify the game to read it from the wam files, and just have it load wam files in alphanumeric order.

I don't have the skillset to write modules, so looking to see if anyone who does is interested in collaborating on this.