Forums
April 26, 2024, 10:01 PM

Author Topic: Biggest gaming boards online, help me advertise!  (Read 5517 times)

Offline Free

Biggest gaming boards online, help me advertise!
« on: January 24, 2013, 12:38 PM »
http://www.big-boards.com/kw/video-games/

Let's start with that list first (if you find another ones, do share), find a good forum to post thread about WA, about the upcoming stream, add few cool videos and then copy-paste that template to as many forums as you have the energy for, then follow up the thread day before and hit it up again the same day the stream is happening so the topic stays as top as possible.

Post the forum here where you posted so we don't multi-spam.

I'm busy for the few next hours but after that it's all business.

Someone could actually just make a good general template introduction thread and paste it here, then everyone can just copy-paste it and make it really simple, bookmark the forums you posted a thread to and follow up. All it takes is the registration process (if needed), and a simple follow up and we could easily hit thousands of viewers and add to "audience" base.

Make the thread look like its general streaming info about Worms Armageddon streams, so you dont have to post another thread everytime a big stream is coming up, you can just use the same thread and bump it up with another stream and date.

The one who puts most effort in gets a special prize. :D

Offline Hussar

Re: Biggest gaming boards online, help me advertise!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 12:56 PM »
yeah, we need to make one big post about W:A,

with:
- some history info
- how looks playing now (snoopers/patch links)
- present tus
- stream info

with pictures , links and rest of stuff. so we just will copy this and paste whenever we can.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:57 PM by Berria »

Offline Free

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 05:17 PM »
Everyone of us knows about the famous Worms-series and most of us have spent countless hours playing hot-seat with their friends laughing at all the crazy stuff happening in the wormy universe. It's a REALLY fun and easy game to learn but only a few of us actually know how much skill and tactical depth this simple 2D game really can offer. Those who of us who were lucky enough to find the online gameplay most often that not got seriously addicted to it. Not only the game offers variety of game modes/skills to learn on which countless of hours of fun times will be spent while chatting with other players in nicely added chat. All this while watching those poor little worms armed to teeth trying to finish the enemy team(s) by blowing them to pieces or sending them to the depths of the ocean. Only one can stand victorious!

Sadly, what most of us don't know is that Worms Armageddon is one of the games which should have been in the e-Sports scene years ago. It has all the elements that an entertaining and seriously taken skill-based game needs. Variety of skills that will take years to master, tactics that many consider as deep as in chess. Difference being that you need more skill to make an successful attack and retreat than simply moving a piece on the board. Like Einstein implied, simplicity is everything, and this is what made Worms Armageddon's gameplay so amazing. Pixel perfection accuracy and limitless creative thinking in attacks and in tactics is a journey that even the best of us will never be able to master perfectly.

Worms Armageddon community has been really close ever since the game was released in 1999 and many of us have played this game more than ten years with true hardcore gamers passion and spent many sleepless nights trying to hone our skills while having fun chatting and forming some deep relationships with each others over the years. Many meetings have been done behind the monitor and long-time friendships been formed. It's a natural process when you spend years with someone, be it online or offline. Worms Armageddon is a turn based game and the chat-function is simple but really effective. Sometimes I play some games online just for the sake of chatting with people.

Many of us in the Worms community are hardcore gamers that also play other popular games but there's one thing that is very common, most of us prefer Worms Armageddon, simply because not only its fun, but because developing the skill-set(s) to master the game from every angle takes multiple years to learn. The best of it all, it's REALLY fun process!

SO LETS GET TO THE BUSINESS!

The game is still being actively patched and coded by multiple active freelance coders and the game keeps getting better and more popular each year. New weapons, new physics models and newly developed game modes keeps us all well entertained. All this while trying to compete at the most popular Worms Armageddon League this game has ever seen. www.tus-wa.com Thousands of league, cup and tournament games are played just in the league alone.

We feel obliged to present what Worms Armageddon is all about. Whether you play every now and then for some relaxation or you are a hardcore gamer, the point stands still. You, as a gamer, need to know what this game is truly about!

We, as a community, want to welcome you to join our friendly and competitive community and enjoy this game with one of the best gameplays ever designed. Very easy to learn but very hard to master.. but it's a FUN journey because of the way game was designed.

Don't take my word for it, instead take a look at some of the video compilations or live-streams we have to offer:

Stream channel can be found here: http://www.twitch.tv/weirdjack

Here's what real skills in good old fashioned ground wars look like in the competitive level:

http://wormtube.worms2d.info/109/the_costage_2

http://wormtube.worms2d.info/65/the_movie_of_earth_fire_air_and_water

Most of you surely are familiar with the infamous Ninja Rope, but I bet you had no clue what you could really do with it, take a look at few of these videos, most of wormers find tricking with ninja rope as most exciting thing to play in Worms Armageddon.

http://wormtube.worms2d.info/66/in_the_matrix

http://wormtube.worms2d.info/41/mre_the_movie

Don't think Worms Armageddon is just all that, check out what we have coming up in the future! Liked the game "Portal"? Well just imagine Worms Armageddon and Portal combined!

Or the famous "Project X" weapons:

(there are many other weapons currently)

Hopefully you got the general idea of how skilled and fun this game can be!

LIVE-STREAMS WITH LIVE COMMENTARY!

We have been starting to offer Live-streams with Live-commentary of big games between top players and top events for your enjoyment. When an event takes place, grab your popcorn and six-pack of beer or Red Bull. come chat with us and enjoy the show when your not having fun playing this amazing game yourself. ;)

THE STREAM IS FOUND ON: http://www.twitch.tv/weirdjack

We already have multiple streams there so you can tune in and watch old streams anytime you want and we stream important games with commentary almost daily anyways.

THE UPCOMING BIG EVENT

We have a really big show coming up for you guys! Two of the top players of the ground war scheme (called Intermediate) will face each other on best of 5 match up on this SATURDAY @ 17GMT, with Live commentary.

Spread the word and come and join us for an entertaining evening of all things Wormy. You will learn more about the history of this game and of it's current state and future plans with the game. We just keep getting more players as years go by which is not very usual for most games! Especially for 14 year old game. ;) Community is excited and keeps spreading the word because the game is JUST THAT GOOD, so come and witness it for yourself. :) Myself? I've been a competitive gamer few of the biggest eSports games and while they are good games, Worms Armageddon is the game that I always keep coming back to.

When you start to feel the worm-itch under your skin, you can order your copy of Worms Armageddon from Amazon.com for under 5 dollars and start playing it, offline or preferably online. Most of us are friendly towards beginners and explain the different scheme rules and objectives of the scheme, just introduce yourself in the game lobby, but please have patience if you do get kicked out of certain host because there are many private games going on all the time, league-games and such, but if you ask, you most often can stay and spectate and maybe even learn a few things and make a new wormy friend. :)

Here's a tutorial to get you started on your way to becoming a competitive wormer. :) After watching this you will know everything you need to get you started on the wormy universe. Tutorial is voiced as Russian but has dubbed english subtitles. :)

http://wormtube.worms2d.info/106/worms_armageddon_big_tutorial

And just so you don't forget how fun Worms can be, make sure to watch this video of EPIC-fails that makes Worms oh-so-fun.

THIS THREAD WILL BE USED AS GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR BIG STREAM EVENTS

Thanks for reading, and join us on SATURDAY 17GMT @ www.twitch.tv/weirdjack

If you miss it, you can always watch it later from the very same channel. Have a good day everyone!

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 07:38 AM by Free »

Offline Free

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 05:18 PM »
So that's the template I came up, PLEASE give suggestions on how to make it better and more effective and lets start spamming it to forums TODAY!

Offline Free

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 05:25 PM »
And Im f@#!ing deadbeat of talking about so many things and advertising on so many places and even talking with Deadcode of him finishing 4.0 faster (a REALLY true possiblity) and I need to talk to the PR person of T17 tomorrow or after the stream so help me out guys, im running out of energy really.

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 05:38 PM »
And Im f@#!ing deadbeat of talking about so many things and advertising on so many places and even talking with Deadcode of him finishing 4.0 faster (a REALLY true possiblity) and I need to talk to the PR person of T17 tomorrow or after the stream so help me out guys, im running out of energy really.

Perhaps you should do things one at a time?

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 05:43 PM »
ye Free... relax a little :D We don't need you to burnout.

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Free

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 05:52 PM »
Truth.

Offline tuomatz

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 06:00 PM »
tl;readitanyway! I like your writingstyle Free. I think it really locks reader's attention. And yeah.. take your time with all this. :)
"People without a vehicle, are like worms without F8" - Aristotle

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 10:47 PM »
Awesome free, only a few things I noticed may be an issue:

while having fun chatting and forming some deep relationships with each others over the years.

Not trolling, but this honestly does sound gay. (and theres a typo - "others" should be "other")

I've been a pr0 gamer in CS and Quake, none of them compare to Worms Armageddon when it comes to gameplay, set of skills you need to develop and depth of tactics.
Be careful which forums you post this on, it could cause a war of opinions.

most of us are friendly towards beginners and explain the different scheme rules. Join us!
I'd say this community needs to practise this more, we're definitely friendly people, but we all kick players too much from games and maybe something we may have to tackle properly at some point.

Some players get kicked because they troll, some players get kicked because they can't speak the native language of the host and therefor it's impossible to explain the rules so we kick them so we can enjoy our game without people ruining it by breaking rules, and that's just by us well known players, unknown players, by that I mean people who aren't well known by the community on TuS or anything, are even worse.

Also, there are a number of typos in your template.

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 11:54 PM »
Also replace all those "pr0".

That might harm someone's ego, but currently noone on wormnet is pro. We are competitive, some more than others, some better than others, some are almost robots in the game, but that is not what profesional gamer means and you dont want to hear that from wrong person on wrong site. Other than that, using this word is highly unprofessional, especialy with leet 0.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 11:59 PM by lacoste »
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline Free

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 06:14 AM »
Noted!

Spamm.. I mean advertising starts now, after fixing typos and suggestions

Offline Free

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 07:39 AM »
Ok I modified it, how does it look now? Still find typos, or something that could be better?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 09:07 AM »
Ok i've carefully gone through the entire thing and edited it slightly and fixed all the typo's I can find:

Hi, every one of us knows about the famous Worms-series and most of us have spent countless hours playing hot-seat with their friends laughing at all the crazy stuff happening in the wormy universe. It's a REALLY fun and easy game to learn but only a few of us actually know how much skill and tactical depth this simple 2D game really can offer. Those who of us who were lucky enough to find the online gameplay, more often that not got seriously addicted to it. Not only does the game offer a variety of game modes/skills to learn on, countless hours of fun times will be spent while chatting with other players in a nicely added chat menu. All this while watching those poor little worms armed to-the-teeth trying to finish the enemy team(s) by blowing them to pieces or sending them to the depths of the ocean. Only one can stand victorious!

Sadly, what most of us don't know is that Worms Armageddon is one of the games which should have been in the e-Sports scene years ago. It has all the elements that an entertaining and seriously taken skill-based game needs. Variety of skills that will take years to master, tactics that many consider as deep as in chess. The difference being that you need more skill to make a successful attack and retreat than simply moving a chess piece on the board. Like Einstein implied, simplicity is everything, and this is what made Worms Armageddons gameplay so amazing. Pixel perfect accuracy, limitless creative thinking in attacks/tactics is a journey that even the best of us will never be able to master perfectly.

The Worms Armageddon community has been really close ever since the game was released in 1999 and many of us have played this game for more than ten years with true hardcore gamers passion and spent many sleepless nights trying to hone our skills while having fun chatting and forming close relationships with each other over the years. Many meetings have been done behind the monitor and long-time friendships been formed. It's a natural process when you spend years with someone, be it online or offline. Worms Armageddon is a turn based game and the chat-function is simple but really effective. Sometimes I play some games online just for the sake of chatting with people.

Many of us in the Worms Armageddon community are hardcore gamers that also play other popular games but there's one thing that is very common, most of us prefer Worms Armageddon, simply because it is not only fun, but because developing the skill-set(s) to master the game from every angle takes multiple years to learn, and best of it all, it's a REALLY fun process!

SO LETS GET TO THE BUSINESS!

The game is still being actively coded and patched by multiple active freelance coders and the game keeps getting better and more popular each year. New weapons, new physics models and newly developed game modes keeps us all well entertained. All this while trying to compete at the most popular Worms Armageddon League this game has ever seen. www.tus-wa.com Thousands of league, cup and tournament games are played monthly just in the league alone.

We feel obliged to present what Worms Armageddon is all about. Whether you play every now and again, for some relaxation or even if you are a hardcore gamer, the point stands still. You, as a gamer, need to know what this game is truly about!

We, as a community, want to welcome you to join our friendly and competitive community and enjoy this game with one of the best and most unique gameplays ever designed. Very easy to learn but very hard to master.. But it's a very FUN journey because of the way the game was designed.

Don't take my word for it, instead take a look at some of the video compilations or live-streams we have to offer:

Stream channel can be found here: http://www.twitch.tv/weirdjack

Here's what real skills in good old fashioned ground wars look like on a competitive level:

http://wormtube.worms2d.info/109/the_costage_2

http://wormtube.worms2d.info/65/the_movie_of_earth_fire_air_and_water

Most of you are surely familiar with the infamous Ninja Rope, but I bet you had no clue what you could really do with it, take a look at a few of these videos, most wormers find tricking with the ninja rope the most exciting thing to do in Worms Armageddon.

http://wormtube.worms2d.info/66/in_the_matrix

http://wormtube.worms2d.info/41/mre_the_movie

Don't think Worms Armageddon is just all that, check out what we have coming up in the future! Liked the game "Portal"? Well just imagine Worms Armageddon and Portal combined!

Or the famous "Project X" weapons:

(There are many other weapons currently.)

Hopefully you have the general idea of how skilled and fun this game can be!

LIVE-STREAMS WITH LIVE COMMENTARY!

We have been starting to offer live-streams with live-commentary of big games between top players and top events for your enjoyment. When an event takes place, grab your popcorn and six-pack of beer or Red Bull. Come chat with us and enjoy the show when you're not having fun playing this amazing game yourself. ;)

THE STREAM IS FOUND ON: http://www.twitch.tv/weirdjack

We already have multiple streams there so you can tune in and watch old streams anytime you want and we stream important games with commentary almost daily anyway.

THE UPCOMING BIG EVENT

We have a really big show coming up for you guys! Two of the top players of the ground war scheme (Intermediate) will face each other in a best of 5 match this SATURDAY @ 17GMT, with Live commentary.

Spread the word! Come and join us for an entertaining evening of all things Wormy! You will learn more about the history of this game and of its current state and future plans with the game. We just keep getting more and more players as years go by which is not very usual for most games! Especially for a 14 year old game. ;) The community is excited and keeps spreading the word because the game is JUST THAT GOOD, so come and witness it for yourself. :) Myself? I've been a competitive gamer for a few of the biggest eSports games and while they are good games, Worms Armageddon is the 1 game that I ALWAYS keep coming back to.

When you start to feel the worm-itch under your skin, you can order your copy of Worms Armageddon from Amazon.com for under 5 dollars and start playing it, offline or preferably online. Most of us are friendly towards beginners and explain the different scheme rules and objectives of the scheme, just introduce yourself in the game lobby, but please have patience if you do get kicked out of some hosts because there are many private games going on all the time, league-games and such, but if you ask, you can often stay and spectate and maybe even learn a few things and make a new friend. :)

Here's a tutorial to get you started on your way to becoming a competitive wormer. :) After watching this you will know everything you need to get you started in the wormy universe. The tutorial is voiced in Russian but has been dubbed with english subtitles. :)

http://wormtube.worms2d.info/106/worms_armageddon_big_tutorial

And just so you don't forget how fun Worms can be, make sure to watch this video of EPIC-fails that makes Worms oh-so-fun!

THIS THREAD WILL BE USED AS GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR BIG STREAM EVENTS

Thanks for reading! Remember to join us on SATURDAY 26th, 17GMT @ www.twitch.tv/weirdjack

If you miss it, you can always watch it later from the very same channel. Have a good day everyone!

*I edited this a few times quickly.*

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 09:44 AM »
You should tell about CWT, its history and link to at least finals - http://www.twitch.tv/thesecondcitysaint - there are 3 parts
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage