Forums
April 28, 2024, 08:11 PM

Author Topic: Japanese Worms  (Read 2443 times)

Offline h3oCharles

Re: Japanese Worms
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2016, 06:07 PM »
I think that you overestimate how much the general public gives a crap about Worms.

I don't and I am aware how much Worms is underestimated right now.

Even if we did see this mythical 4.0 patch come to be, how would anyone hear about it? It's not like Team17 is going to advertise for it. How many of you know Chinese or Korean?

Team17 themselves, that's a no for sure, but if they (Deadcode & CyberShadow) would get a lot more characters and get someone to localize it, then there may be a chance.

Online Triad

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2016, 08:00 AM »
Since 4.0 is a rewrite, it will support Asian languages.

I believe if advertising, coding etc gets done perfectly, WA can have at least x20 times bigger player base than now.

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2016, 09:04 PM »
Just to add to the topic, don't you think that Imperial Japanese imagery would work well for a game like this being released in Japan? It makes sense for that to be added, and you can have a kamikaze worm or something in the foreground. Also, you can call Japanese Worms Armageddon "Worms 2," as Worms 2 was never released in Japan, and Worms Armageddon is basically an updated Worms 2.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!