Forums
April 26, 2024, 02:55 AM

Author Topic: Streaming workthread  (Read 2623 times)

Offline TheWalrus

Streaming workthread
« on: June 21, 2016, 02:22 PM »
So, as many of you know, I've been streaming some game with commentary.  There are a few issues to start with, namely finding a stream quality that works good for all.  I realize that many of you don't have the best internet connections, and I've been streaming at 1080p @ 60fps, and that likely isn't ideal, so trying to strike a balance between stream quality and smooth playback without buffering, I've been getting help from Lex and Senator on this.  My main goal with these streams is to increase interest in WA, my macbook couldn't stream well at all, so I built this PC with the goal in mind of doing that.  Hopefully, if I can pick up some people off of twitch that either haven't played in awhile, or are first time players. 

I'd like to filter people in to TUS as well as I can, and am going to set up a splash page for TUS on my stream to direct people here as well as possible, as well as hopefully making some youtube videos as well. 

I'm hoping people can help out by doing one of a few things:

1.  A wormer to help make a few simple graphics for the channel, namely a 16:9 aspect graphic, should have the TUS logo/design whatever, with a clear URL directing people to go to the website.  More might be needed, but that is all I know of for now.

2.  Wormers willing to commentate on the streams I do, namely playoffs, cup finals, tournament finals, ect.  Please let me know if you want to come on and call a worms game with me, Peja has already done so, and Sbaffo has shown interest, so the more the merrier. 

3.  Feedback on what content you guys think would attract the most casual viewers, I made this channel to be OUR twitch channel, I want your guys input on what you want to see as well as how we can attract newcomers.

4.  Ultimately, I would like it if I wasn't the only one streaming, it would be nice for there to be a compilation by several different wormers streaming on this channel.  I envision giving out the stream key to stream to the channel to a few trusted wormers. 

5.  Your support, from what I understand twitch operates on how much traffic the channel gets, and by that measure, what gets exposure on the website.  You you guys could take a minute out of your day and sign up on twitch, or if you have an existing username, follow the channel here by clicking the little heart under the video window: https://www.twitch.tv/wormsstream17

Offline Rabbzz

Re: Streaming workthread
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 02:50 PM »
Sounds good mate, followed  :)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 02:51 PM »
I can comment any time, just send me a Pm here, I have a ts3 server too with good ping, in case it's of any use

One thing though, the other day, Lukz vs sbaffo playoffs, there were 3-5 second lag stops every minute or so, it was really unbearable thinking long term. I made a reddit post too and it was getting constant up votes, however, and out of shame, the moment Lukz started acting like an idiot I deleted the post.

Worms doesn't need much of anything to stream, are your OB settings low enough? what is your upload?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 02:54 PM »
This is such a nice work, thank youfor the time and the effort you're investing on it :) . Btw during my PO streaming i couldn't hear peja well, is it because of his microphone or has it to do with your pc/streaming settings? You should try fix that.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 03:32 PM »
i'm pretty sure it was just peja using a shitty microphone
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 03:35 PM »
I can comment any time, just send me a Pm here, I have a ts3 server too with good ping, in case it's of any use

One thing though, the other day, Lukz vs sbaffo playoffs, there were 3-5 second lag stops every minute or so, it was really unbearable thinking long term. I made a reddit post too and it was getting constant up votes, however, and out of shame, the moment Lukz started acting like an idiot I deleted the post.

Worms doesn't need much of anything to stream, are your OB settings low enough? what is your upload?
I need to downgrade my settings so others can get it, goom and saltyk9 tuned into the stream, said it was smooth for them, but thats USA, and the twitch server is in USA. 

OBS is currently at:

3500 bitrate
1080p
50fps

So pretty much max settings, I have to dial it back for next time so everyone can buffer it well, its a work in progress.

I get 25 mb upload

This is such a nice work, thank youfor the time and the effort you're investing on it :) . Btw during my PO streaming i couldn't hear peja well, is it because of his microphone or has it to do with your pc/streaming settings? You should try fix that.
Peja doesn't have a real microphone, so it was hard, he was just talking into his old laptop so sound quality is dogshit.  I could barely hear him as well.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 03:55 PM »
It's just about time when newcomers sign up and look all that drama and fade away again. j/k.  :D

Serious now, gl with this project, I hope this grab some fresh blood to the community.  :) :)
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 03:16 AM »
Yeah, once I get settled into a new house with a good connection i'll be streaming also, would be nice to have a balance of streams from around the world.

Until then, I could commentate with you at weekends mate, if it goes well i'll start using my professional mic as well :)

Also, if you are doing a YouTube channel, I can do some DnB/Dubstep game themed/chiptune music for you, I just finished a song for these award winning Norwegian YouTubers i'm just waiting on them making an official video for it before releasing, the stuff I do is totally spot on now will send you a link in private if you want a taster?

Offline Tomtysti

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 10:39 AM »
Watched Sbaffo vs Lukz VOD yesterday. Fantastic commentary! Followed  :)

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 01:16 PM »
Yeah, once I get settled into a new house with a good connection i'll be streaming also, would be nice to have a balance of streams from around the world.

Until then, I could commentate with you at weekends mate, if it goes well i'll start using my professional mic as well :)

Also, if you are doing a YouTube channel, I can do some DnB/Dubstep game themed/chiptune music for you, I just finished a song for these award winning Norwegian YouTubers i'm just waiting on them making an official video for it before releasing, the stuff I do is totally spot on now will send you a link in private if you want a taster?
Awesome komo, youtube automatically deletes your video if you have some recognizable music, so something original would be great and much appreciated.

Send me a sample and I can decide whether to go with your music or toxics lmao ;D

Offline ANO

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 01:32 PM »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 02:14 PM »
We also have a channel:

https://www.twitch.tv/spaghettowormstv
Nice, I hope more people start streaming

Also, I need some graphics like your channel has with the naughty nurse

Offline ANO

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 02:21 PM »
we just have the channel auhauh but I could partecipate time to time to say some BUIIIII during your amazing streaming.

I associate worms only to boobs and asses... I don't think I can help too much with your graphic uahuah

Offline Masta

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2016, 03:57 PM »
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 06:38 PM by Masta »

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2016, 08:50 AM »
Yo man, what about Discord? It's a communicator. Click dat signature :P

Also, does that mean that vanmageddon is dead?

Anyway, aside from competition-related stuff:

1.  A wormer to help make a few simple graphics for the channel, namely a 16:9 aspect graphic, should have the TUS logo/design whatever, with a clear URL directing people to go to the website.  More might be needed, but that is all I know of for now.

[LINK]
Here's a map I quickly put together in multiple themes, may not be the best, but that's simply my attempt on it.

2.  Wormers willing to commentate on the streams I do, namely playoffs, cup finals, tournament finals, ect.  Please let me know if you want to come on and call a worms game with me, Peja has already done so, and Sbaffo has shown interest, so the more the merrier. 

I am also willing to show interest

3.  Feedback on what content you guys think would attract the most casual viewers, I made this channel to be OUR twitch channel, I want your guys input on what you want to see as well as how we can attract newcomers.

To attract casual viewers? That's a good question
Aside from inviting YouTubers, I think it will be also a good idea to:
1. Commentate Worm Olympics (that's up to you)
2. Stream not only TUS Leagues
3. RubberWorm schemes?
4. Introduce people to new schemes
5. Play Default or Full Wormage more frequently?

4.  Ultimately, I would like it if I wasn't the only one streaming, it would be nice for there to be a compilation by several different wormers streaming on this channel.  I envision giving out the stream key to stream to the channel to a few trusted wormers. 

I don't have the hardware do to it.

5.  Your support, from what I understand twitch operates on how much traffic the channel gets, and by that measure, what gets exposure on the website.  You you guys could take a minute out of your day and sign up on twitch, or if you have an existing username, follow the channel here by clicking the little heart under the video window: https://www.twitch.tv/wormsstream17

I already did that, my twitch name is KarBoy2314PL
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 09:40 AM by TheMadCharles »