Forums
April 29, 2024, 06:04 AM

Author Topic: Worms Armageddon for Mac  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Ytrojan

Worms Armageddon for Mac
« on: May 06, 2014, 02:26 AM »
Make Worms Armageddon for Mac. That way, Macintosh users don't have to play, like, Worms 3D or something, to get their daily dose of Worms.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Re: Worms Armageddon for Mac
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 08:53 PM »
Unless you're on an actual PowerPC Mac G5, this should work well enough:

http://worms2d.info/Installing_WA_on_Mac_OS_X

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 01:54 AM »
Yes, but make a new one as a universal binary, just to be safe.

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 04:27 AM »
That's highly unlikely before version 4.x (and might be tricky even then, for various reasons) because so much of the 3.x code heavily relies on obscure Microsoft stuff such as MFC for the frontend. It'll take a complete overhaul before this is a realistic proposition, but luckily the problematic parts of the code are quite a nightmare to work on even on Windows, so the devs certainly are motivated to get rid of them and get things right in the rewrite!

Offline ANO

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 12:01 PM »
Let me know if you can rope well with this.
Because, I am a MAC user, and I play with bootcamp and windows XP on it. Wine, parallel desktop & co, were not working at a decent level for fast roping.

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 11:29 PM »
I'm not saying that the developers should port them. I'm saying that Mac users should port them.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 07:44 AM »
what do you mean by should? are you giving an idea or trying moitvate them?

think you're scceeding at either?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.