Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:02 AM

Author Topic: why?  (Read 996 times)

Offline Saint

why?
« on: April 12, 2020, 12:17 AM »
the maximum damage received from the explosion of a worm after death or the explosion of a skunk gives 25hp, but rarely 26, while the worm does not fall and does not hit the landshaft hard, where did 1HP come from?

Offline WTF-8

Re: why?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 05:50 AM »
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Saint

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 11:57 AM »
the conditions for the receipt of 30 HP is possible only in a perfectly structured landshafte like on replay?in a normal game, this is not possible to get?I have never seen more than 26 hp from the grave, I read the message dc but did not quite understand what you need to do in order to get more than 25, he wrote something about pixels,but you can explain in "human" language?my worm just needs to be on the opponent's head to get more?or is it much more complicated?

Offline Korydex

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 01:03 PM »

Offline Saint

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 02:11 PM »
aren't these 3 HP's a strong worm strike on the ceiling?

Offline Korydex

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 02:15 PM »
aren't these 3 HP's a strong worm strike on the ceiling?
No, it's only because skunk explosion was very close to the center of worm

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2020, 06:56 PM »
the conditions for the receipt of 30 HP is possible only in a perfectly structured landshafte like on replay?
pretty much

I have never seen more than 26 hp from the grave
http://wse.worms2d.info/2012/Other_Honorable_Mentions/Darkmaul_at_8min55sec.WAgame

but you can explain in "human" language?
For classic explosive stuff, the closer the explosion's center is to the worm's center (we're talking of super small, sub-pixel dots), the more damage it does.

The basis is simple, but it is easier said than done. Usually the explosions don't happen anywhere as deep inside the worm due to collision masks keeping the exploding thing's and the worm's centers slightly away from eachother. So it would require special terrain and/or hurting the attacker in the process in order to achieve over-the-usual-boundary damage. Though there's also explosion bias to consider.
And there's also weapons that simply work differently, e.g., scoring shotgun's max damage is infinitely easier.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 06:58 PM by WTF-8 »
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 10:45 PM »
Surprised you've never seen more than 26, I've seen Gabriel intentionally suicide in a aerial or hysteria game because he knew he could get 26 or 27 on command, seems like 28 is the most you could hope for under reasonable circumstances i.e. worm is on a steep slope and grave damage takes place above the worm getting damaged.  26 is pretty common, seen it too many times to count tbh

Then again you are an elite guy and circumstances rarely occur for more than 25 hp dmg in that scheme

Afaik pixel perfect skunk jumps to da head give a bonus too, but you'll have to get more info from a worms scientist on that one
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 10:47 PM by TheWalrus »

Offline Sensei

Offline Saint

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2020, 08:06 PM »
lol, today I got 29 from a skunk :D

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2020, 09:16 PM »
You remember this, Walrus?

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/worms-armageddon/28-grave-dmg-2-games-in-a-row-32271/msg271739/?topicseen#new
Honestly no but saw myself intentionally try and get 25+, I always try and go a little upslope on a sui like that.  Two reasons:

#1 - missing low means you lose a lot of dmg

#2 - can get bonus dmg sometimes if slope is severe enough

And if you could do 29 dmg, your suicide looked like it almost did.  cool replays from the past!