Forums
April 27, 2024, 02:48 AM

Author Topic: A no rules "BnG" tournament.  (Read 1848 times)

Offline Dario

A no rules "BnG" tournament.
« on: February 10, 2009, 10:06 PM »
Hello everybody, next sunday 15th at 15:00 GMT I will be hosting a tournament of a scheme is somehow remotely similar to BnG.
One of the goals is (through testing) get to a scheme with a BnG feeling but without rules that can be bended by lame players. Maybe after perfectioning it could be a good stepping stone to get more people to like BnG.

This is the post announcing it: http://nnnclan.freeforums.org/1st-not-bng-tournament-2009-02-15-15-00-gmt-pt-t296.html

And, if you don't mind reading a bit more, I'd like to add a few things I've noticed while playing it in the last few days:

-You can prevent your opponent from repeating shots without re-aiming by moving your worm before shooting (yep, you can move to a different hide before you shoot).
-If the 4s max power shots annoy you, feel free to use a girder above your head so that he will have to break the girder before he can go on with the 4s shots, or try a different kind of shot. Or you can use a nice petrol bomb on your opponent, so that he can't go back to the same spot he was standing before.
-If your opponent likes sitters, then simply don't hide in the bottom of a hole :).
-You can go out in the open to have a clear shot, but be careful because you will be giving your opponent a clear shot too (no retreat time).

Of course, I am not good at BnG and probably never will, so skilled BnGers are needed to test this.
Lame players who are really good at bending the rules are welcomed too, there aren't any rules to bend here, but people like this can help testing if the scheme can take it.

Cheers, and have fun.
Momentarily not playing TUS league games.

Offline Ray

Re: A no rules "BnG" tournament.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 11:02 PM »
Call it "Lunatic Tossing" but not BnG.

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 01:56 AM »
<3 you Dario
Here comes the snow

Offline darKz

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 12:44 PM »
It is certainly not BnG but as I'm a fan of no rules BnG I'd give this a shot. :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline SPW

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 09:33 PM »
Good one. I'll support it. :]

Offline Ramone

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 03:16 AM »
Maybe call it 'Forts nrBnG' ?  ;)
Hope I'll be free at that time tomorrow/today to play it.. 

hmm, maybe it's too long, maybe FnBnG  :P

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 04:54 AM »
Dario, the link to your clan is broken (not thiss one, the one From Clans & Communities)
You, or someone else should review it  ;)

EDIT: Ah, it will be offline for a week , I see... sorry :x

« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 05:01 AM by Pixy »
Here comes the snow