Forums
April 28, 2024, 07:09 PM

Author Topic: A Tribute To The Champion: Titahemp  (Read 1032 times)

Offline Kaleu

A Tribute To The Champion: Titahemp
« on: October 03, 2014, 08:37 PM »
Hey guys, I just finished my last worms video, took me only 3 days to finish this..
Please consider leaving your personal rate for the editing and for the moves (e.g Moves 6/10, Edit 5/10) , and any other kind of feedback, your feedback will help me improve my thinking and editing skills since I am new to video editing.

- Replays by Titahemp (o rly?)
- Music choosen by Titahemp
- Edit by me.

[/youtube]
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Re: A Tribute To The Champion: Titahemp
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 10:21 PM »
Decent moves. Not a lot of variety, though. Surely, tita has played other schemes :) Did you pick the replays or did tita? 6.5/10
Editing has some room for improvement: I felt that the zooming in/out during shots was a bit too abrupt. Most of the time, you could see well enough what was going on, though, so it did the trick. 7/10
Fire the guy who picked the music! 2/10

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 10:54 PM »
Yes, tita picked all the replays and songs!    :-X
Thank you very much for your opinion!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 11:36 PM »
3 days is pretty quick to finish, btw, good job :)
I'll be releasing a little project of my own soon, so you can return the feedback on that one :)

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 01:03 AM »
Of course I will be there, and yea 3 days was kinda quick, thx.  ::)

→ The best of Kaleu ←

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 08:19 AM »
Music 0/10 xD
replays -> 4-5 really nice turns (9/10) and a lot's of basic shots (3/10) :P At my movies were better turns xD
ofc again nice edite Kaleu :)

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 08:27 AM »
Everything is fine, until name of topic, Please mods change it to "Tribue to the gay: Titagay" , thanks much

Offline SPW

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 08:56 AM »
Cool movie, gj.  :)

Music is not mine, but who cares.  ;D

Offline Tomi

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 09:03 AM »
Sry, but I didn't like it.. after the 28th hysteria shot I got bored and stopped watching it.. If you usually play hysteria, there are 2-3 shots like these per games.. I expected other schemes, coz of "WO champion" and much more creative moves.. for me it seems that those unique moves haven't been saved by tita - because I guess tita must have had some of them -, but you wanted to make a video fast, so you used these - for me really not impressive - shots.

About editing I can't say much, coz I am really not creative, but maybe you could pick up the replays that they fit a little bit more to the rhythm of the music (or what was that clatter xD). And maybe you could use zooming a little bit better, coz some shots was hard to follow. 6/10

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2014, 09:34 AM »
I dun agree with the last move, he didn't take my worm on the way. xD Jk, do you have the replay for that one? Would be cool to put it in AbC's outstanding shots section, in case I'd consider it for an Abnormal movie please.

Music: Well, I'm bound to agree the music pick tita did was overall rather bad, especially for the main section. I like the intro however. 4/10.
Footage: Nice moves, but it would have been nice if the variety covered, well, the variety of schemes tita played in the Olympics. I know this is tied to what tita sent you there again. 5.5/10.
Editing: I felt some quirks in the editing: zoom-ins and zoom-outs need better balance, e.g. at 2:43 I didn't see the worm triggering the mine the first time I watched the move, before seeing something explode above his head *out of the blue*. I know this isn't easy, I had troubles with that myself in the WSE '13 movie - overall, it seems to me you're too zoomed out sometimes (but then I'm too zoomed in in WSE xD). Moreover, I also like seeing projectiles when they go far above the map, instead of seeing them magically appear in the right spot. And finally, well I think that synchronising moves with the music (as well as including WA's sound effects to put you in the game's atmosphere, not too loud however) is a great plus that makes the movie more enjoyable to watch. 7/10.

Overall, I like the movie. It could have been better with more judicious choices by tita, but I understand he probably wasn't prepared for that. For 3 days of work on it, it's a nice job - but you could consider working longer on movies. I'd therefore give the movie a 7/10.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 11:21 AM by LeTotalKiller »

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2014, 03:23 PM »
Thanks guys really much appreciated!!   ;D

Talking about the replays.. I found them "weak" myself, I told tita: "C'mon man, you has done better moves than this!"
Then he said that couldn't find the older and more impressive replays and I should keep going with the video.   :-X

→ The best of Kaleu ←

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2014, 04:54 PM »
Well, that's kinda why I'm not really a fan of making solo movies about other people, unless it's clear those have been collecting moves for a really long time and wouldn't make a movie with them themselves - basically unless they ask you I guess.

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2014, 08:53 PM »
What LTK said :)
I'd stick with making movies with replays that you like. If a replay doesn't appeal to you, don't waste editing time on i, especially when there are better moves to use. It's fine if you go with moves from other people, though.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2014, 09:17 PM »
Copied guys! ;)
Btw here is the replay you requested LTK, I forgot to attach it in my previous post.

* [6.20] - 2014-09-07 09.16.54 [Online Round 2] UC`Piki1802`dS, UC`LeTK`AbC-dS, @DAMN`tita`AbC, UC`Hurz`dS`AbC.WAgame (65.22 kB - downloaded 43 times.)

→ The best of Kaleu ←

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2014, 04:38 PM »
Ty Kaleu. :)