Forums
May 08, 2024, 07:41 PM

Author Topic: Andy Davidson  (Read 867 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Andy Davidson
« on: January 08, 2011, 06:25 AM »
I was reading on the Worms database thingy and came across this:

"Andy Davidson is the man who came up with the core concept of Worms. He was also responsible for programming the Amiga versions of Worms and Worms: The Directors Cut. He left Team17 shortly after the release of Worms Armageddon in 1999 due to creative differences. "

Lol, he quit T17 after they released the most popular and imo best Worms game in the franchise... That's some funny sht right there...

Offline EldarWorm

Re: Andy Davidson
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 12:41 PM »
I was reading on the Worms database thingy and came across this:

"Andy Davidson is the man who came up with the core concept of Worms. He was also responsible for programming the Amiga versions of Worms and Worms: The Directors Cut. He left Team17 shortly after the release of Worms Armageddon in 1999 due to creative differences. "

Lol, he quit T17 after they released the most popular and imo best Worms game in the franchise... That's some funny sht right there...

and there hasn't been any creativity since!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 12:53 PM »
Yeah, so true, I mean, I really really liked WWP, but, they didn't do anything with it, I mean, even if you could minimise without a ridiculously high rate of crashing on WWP I would probably play it alot, if they had colour maps and other stuff that WA has, but I think they are going to include all the benefits of WWP into WA soon anyway.

But it does make me laugh, WR honestly in my opinion is one of the worst in the franchise, I can't stand it, I like very few things about it...

By the sounds of it, Andy Davidson is a legend !

Offline flex

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 08:15 PM »
Why do you like WWP?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 07:34 AM »
I liked the physics of WWP, I liked the roping there, I liked the way you could mix up schemes with that pot thingy, sticky nades with roping was cool, just so many little things I liked about it, obv WA is my fav, but I liked WWP, 2nd fav in the franchise imo.