Forums
May 05, 2024, 01:15 PM

Author Topic: What happened with the program Fiddler???  (Read 1274 times)

Offline francot514

What happened with the program Fiddler???
« on: March 15, 2015, 12:56 AM »
Hi, i wan to ask you what happened with this program called fidler, seems it was very good becuase allowed some kind of advanced scheme customization for the game, up to add options like in mission ( the events)

Do you know how to use it with latest game version?? Or how to use that custom scheme files .fsc???

Reference here:
http://worms2d.info/The_Fiddler

Offline MeTonaTOR

Re: What happened with the program Fiddler???
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 01:04 AM »
Never tried Project X?
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 10:21 AM »
Hi, i wan to ask you what happened with this program called fidler, seems it was very good becuase allowed some kind of advanced scheme customization for the game, up to add options like in mission ( the events)

Do you know how to use it with latest game version?? Or how to use that custom scheme files .fsc???

Reference here:
http://worms2d.info/The_Fiddler

It was one of the greatest things ever when I was 14 years old.

But it didn't allow too much complexity. Project X allows much more.

What made Fiddler cool is that it had an interface that allowed any idiot to play with it (see 14 year old me).

You could change weapon properties, made them explode on contact, with a fuse, make them only explode vs certain terrain or worms, make them explode into clusters that could themselves be other weapons. It was pretty cool really.

It stopped working after a Team17 patch if I recall.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline francot514

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 07:48 PM »
ProjectX allow for mission events, place objects and trigger nuke, earthquake??? What is the latest version compatible with it??

Offline Korydex

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 08:35 PM »
3.6.31.0 only :d

Offline MeTonaTOR

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 09:16 PM »
ProjectX allow for mission events, place objects and trigger nuke, earthquake??? What is the latest version compatible with it??

But someone is working on porting it on 3.7.2.1 (and is Russian too ^^)
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
<StepS> party
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

Offline francot514

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 12:11 AM »
Aswered my second question, and the firts one??
ProjectX allow for mission events, place objects and trigger nuke, earthquake???

That is possible on fiddle and my mission editor..
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 12:17 AM by francot514 »

Offline MeTonaTOR

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 01:08 AM »
ProjectX allow for mission events, place objects and trigger nuke, earthquake???

Yes it allows them. Even more (custom weaps for example)
<StepS> party
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 11:00 AM »

anything can be done in Project X including custom weapons with custom sprites and custom behaviours
you can code any kind of mision with custom behaviours

fiddler is just a weapon tweaker in comparison
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline StepS

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 07:36 PM »
But someone is working on porting it on 3.7.2.1 (and is Russian too ^^)
No, I'm not working on it.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline francot514

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 12:13 AM »
anything can be done in Project X including custom weapons with custom sprites and custom behaviours
you can code any kind of mision with custom behaviours

Not sure is anything, but i have looked for those project x scripts and seems are c++ based, really complicated to understand and manage to allow do new stuff..

Any scripting tutorial for it?? or anyone has tried??

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 12:17 AM »
I'm working on a clone of the software for modern W:A - https://github.com/Neo-wormsmart/Neo-fiddler
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!