Forums
May 04, 2024, 10:10 PM

Author Topic: Bot for Newbies on #AG. We need a pro to write IT !!!!!  (Read 7102 times)

Offline Hussar

Re: Bot for Newbies on #AG. We need a pro to write IT !!!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2015, 11:34 PM »
help bot is helping ONLY if  write !HELP

we talking about spam bot who will give the few important information about wa...
this is a way different thing so dont blame this idea if u wont kurwa help with this....

Thumps up boys, what help do u need?

Offline MeTonaTOR

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2015, 12:18 AM »
Can i somehow help you in coding this bot?
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

Offline Tomi

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2015, 07:47 AM »
Ye, the problem with help bot is that it is invisible for users.. i mean i guess 97% of people don't now about it and 2% of the remaining 3 can't use it, because they don't know what they are looking for.

Our plan is to make a bot which tells you the basics (it would greet newbies and would send a link where the new player can find the info on his own language).

Btw StepS: is it possible to modify help bot? Is it yours?

Zexorz: ye we should find some parts of the software where we could work together. Btw can we run .net code on your server? Then the irc part could be copy paster from great snooper's source code.

In my opinion this bot can be written in a day or two, so I think the main task of this project is to make that helper topic somewhere and to translate it into some languages. Who will give it a first try? ;) And where should we make it? Here on tus forums or on worms2d.info? Here I think we would need a subforum to allow some people to modify the post if it is needed, on worms2d.info anyone could modify the text, coz it's like wikipedia.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 07:56 AM by Tomi »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2015, 10:12 AM »
Ye, the problem with help bot is that it is invisible for users.. i mean i guess 97% of people don't now about it and 2% of the remaining 3 can't use it, because they don't know what they are looking for.

Our plan is to make a bot which tells you the basics (it would greet newbies and would send a link where the new player can find the info on his own language).

Btw StepS: is it possible to modify help bot? Is it yours?

Zexorz: ye we should find some parts of the software where we could work together. Btw can we run .net code on your server? Then the irc part could be copy paster from great snooper's source code.

In my opinion this bot can be written in a day or two, so I think the main task of this project is to make that helper topic somewhere and to translate it into some languages. Who will give it a first try? ;) And where should we make it? Here on tus forums or on worms2d.info? Here I think we would need a subforum to allow some people to modify the post if it is needed, on worms2d.info anyone could modify the text, coz it's like wikipedia.

99% don't care is more accurate

if i was new to a game I'd never use a lobby bot, too confusing. I'd use google.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Senator

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2015, 01:56 PM »
Instead of creating a new bot let's discuss how to improve the current Help bot to be more attractive to visitors of #AnythingGoes.

Already discussed

Could use current Help bot for this. CyberShadow controls it, right? Similar automated message like on #Help channel would not require much work I guess. Compared to Help channel, the message would include answers to most important questions (hosting, snoopers, TUS sites etc).

I think the spam message should direct new players to learn Classic league schemes and register at TUS (an example attached).

I sent PM to CyberShadow about Help bot a while ago but he didn't answer.

Offline MeTonaTOR

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2015, 03:48 PM »

Yes. using MONO Framework (http://www.mono-project.com/) (since is linux)

However. What about greeting on first join in wormnet (as database can be used SQLite) so will not spam user everytime he joins #AG (and as privmsg to user. avoiding flood channel)?
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
<StepS> party
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

Offline StepS

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2015, 04:29 PM »
help bot is helping ONLY if  write !HELP
Yes. So tell me what has to be improved in the Help bot so I could make it more helpful to newcomers.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Hussar

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2015, 07:21 PM »
We need a bot who will send automatically ONE message to everyone who will join AG#.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2015, 07:40 PM »
Btw i would do it like this: at the end of the message would be a sentence like this: "write 'no' in private message if you don't want to get this message when you join #ag." And then the bot would save that into a database as ZexorZ said.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2015, 10:45 AM »
"we need"

no we don't.

we don't need a spam bot.

Your willingness to help negates your abilitiy to be useful.

We don't need a spam bot to tell people that there's guides out there about the game. People don't care. And those who care, those who have played games before are totally aware of google and don't need a spam bot to influence them to use it.

This whole idea is literally gratuite.

edit: please do a matchmaker when you're done with this!
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2015, 11:14 AM »
Guys will do it no matter what will u say cause the goal is worth it.

The messeage will show up just once so it wont affect on nothing and will not disturb at all.

AM sure that all noticed ur words and all knows that u are against now even if they dont care.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2015, 11:43 AM »
IMO idea with writing command NO is better than showing message only once. I believe some ppl join AG just to play with friends and don't care what bots write to them. They will read it maybe the next time they join AG? Anyway, we will have certainty they read whole message if they type NO.

People often ask why nobody can join their games. We can write about HostingBuddy, WormNAT2 module or opening ports. (optional of course, to not make this message too long, for example, at the end of the message write 'type HOST to learn how create a game')

I think it's worth to add something like 'You have only 1 second for turn!' near the explanation for Hysteria. People won't be startled when they join the game or it can even make them interested to see 1 second game.

And I've been always wondering why channels show who joined the channel, who left it, who hosted the game. Messages disappear so quickly by moving up. Don't you think it may be a problem?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 11:47 AM by Maciej »

Offline MeTonaTOR

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2015, 12:29 PM »
Got another nice idea. Multilanguage support (coz not everyone understand english so well)
How to detect? [13:28:41]  Zexorz is ~UC@no.address.for.you * 37 11 PL HexChat
(NICK is ~CLAN(or_Username)@no.address.for.you * Numerical_Country Rank Country Snooper/IRC)
<StepS> party
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

Offline Senator

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2015, 01:02 PM »
"we need"

no we don't.

we don't need a spam bot.

Your willingness to help negates your abilitiy to be useful.

We don't need a spam bot to tell people that there's guides out there about the game. People don't care. And those who care, those who have played games before are totally aware of google and don't need a spam bot to influence them to use it.

This whole idea is literally gratuite.

edit: please do a matchmaker when you're done with this!

It doesn't have to be ground-breaking idea if it takes only little effort to implement. Even little positive effect is welcome.

Newcomers are told they should try Shopper rather than Mole Shopper. They are also informed about a league site if they are up for competitive gaming. Can't go wrong with that.

P.S. Stats showed that a matchmaker would work if it only was on TUS sites ;)

And I've been always wondering why channels show who joined the channel, who left it, who hosted the game. Messages disappear so quickly by moving up. Don't you think it may be a problem?

Well, people can always scroll up to read the message.

Got another nice idea. Multilanguage support (coz not everyone understand english so well)
How to detect? [13:28:41]  Zexorz is ~UC@no.address.for.you * 37 11 PL HexChat
(NICK is ~CLAN(or_Username)@no.address.for.you * Numerical_Country Rank Country Snooper/IRC)

Help bot already recognizes user's country so yes, the message could be translated to several languages if wanted..

Let's wait if StepS can do this spam message with Help bot.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2015, 11:02 AM »
So do anyone care about this?  :D what about doing something? :D

I think all we need to do is making a community with a private board and we can start to make threads ;)

Anyone in? I think we need 2-3 players who can maintain the base english text and 1-1 player who will translate it into his/her language.