Forums
May 15, 2024, 10:42 AM

Author Topic: Bot for Newbies on #AG. We need a pro to write IT !!!!!  (Read 7146 times)

Offline Senator

Re: Bot for Newbies on #AG. We need a pro to write IT !!!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 01:47 PM »
Would the bot send PM or spam AG channel every time someone joins AG? I think both alternatives would just disturb people.

http://feedback.worms2d.info/forums/5998-worms-armageddon/suggestions/7025034-welcome-message-with-useful-information

This would do the same without a bot. Hopefully they can implement something like that in the next WA version.

Offline MeTonaTOR

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 02:03 PM »
Isn't this enough:

« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 02:07 PM by ZexorZ »
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

Offline Senator

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 02:37 PM »
Which one is more efficient, giving all necessary information at once without asking or requiring users to make the right questions to get info about TUS, for example?

Most newcomers can't even imagine that there might be a WA league so how are they supposed to ask a bot if there are any leagues? Help bot doesn't even know what TUS is :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2015, 02:50 PM »
so how are they supposed to ask a bot if there are any leagues? Help bot doesn't even know what TUS is :D

The message will be automated when you enter the channel.

Offline Senator

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2015, 03:13 PM »
The message will be automated when you enter the channel.

Ye I know. I just replied to ZexorZ who asked if the current #Help channel and Help bot are enough.

If you can send the automated message on AG so that other users don't see it (not PM), then it's fine.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2015, 03:15 PM »
Yea it should work like a privat message for everyone who joined the channel.

Offline Anubis

Re: Bot for Newbies
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2015, 04:44 PM »
noobot?

Newbot would sound cooler.

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2015, 05:35 PM »
It's mainly a hosting issue => $$$. Detecting new comer is easy.

Offline Senator

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2015, 11:56 AM »
It's mainly a hosting issue => $$$.

Could use current Help bot for this. CyberShadow controls it, right? Similar automated message like on #Help channel would not require much work I guess. Compared to Help channel, the message would include answers to most important questions (hosting, snoopers, TUS sites etc).
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 12:00 PM by Senator »

Offline Tomi

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2015, 03:09 PM »
Senator and me were talking about this topic again and since it looks chanceless that anyone will provide us a server where we could run a bot for this purpose, we have came up with an idea that we could use a little program for this what the users who supports this idea could start when they are online.

So it's like you would start a little script when you start your computer for example that would do this spamming job. So there wouldn't be a dedicated server for the bot where it could run anytime, but we could run it on several computers which could provide that the bot would be online most of the time.

Of course this script would be designed that only one copy of it could be online at once, so if somebody would start it when somebody else already started it, then the newly started script would wait for tha already running one to stop. And when it would stop then the new would continue the job.

What do you think?  :o
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 03:20 PM by Tomi »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2015, 03:31 PM »
surely there are easier ways to have an irc  bot 24/7?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline MeTonaTOR

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2015, 04:30 PM »
Senator and me were talking about this topic again and since it looks chanceless that anyone will provide us a server where we could run a bot for this purpose, we have came up with an idea that we could use a little program for this what the users who supports this idea could start when they are online.

So it's like you would start a little script when you start your computer for example that would do this spamming job. So there wouldn't be a dedicated server for the bot where it could run anytime, but we could run it on several computers which could provide that the bot would be online most of the time.

Of course this script would be designed that only one copy of it could be online at once, so if somebody would start it when somebody else already started it, then the newly started script would wait for tha already running one to stop. And when it would stop then the new would continue the job.

What do you think?  :o

I think i may host it on my VPS with UCVerse (only #UCian knows what is)
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2015, 04:45 PM »
Heroku could be a solution if we use node.js

Offline StepS

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2015, 05:09 PM »
Instead of creating a new bot let's discuss how to improve the current Help bot to be more attractive to visitors of #AnythingGoes.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Tomi

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2015, 05:53 PM »
Instead of creating a new bot let's discuss how to improve the current Help bot to be more attractive to visitors of #AnythingGoes.
Let's make it work for example? xD

I think i may host it on my VPS with UCVerse (only #UCian knows what is)
This sounds good! :D