Forums
May 06, 2024, 09:15 PM

Author Topic: Crespo’s Worms Tournament - a sneak peek  (Read 1851 times)

Offline Zemke

Crespo’s Worms Tournament - a sneak peek
« on: July 23, 2012, 05:10 PM »
CWT again?—Not yet, we’re open for applications for CWT 2012 by October the 1st.

Yes, coming this far you got a little opportunity opening the grand drape, sneak in and risk a peek at what we call “the most prestigious tournament of Worms Armageddon”. Well yeah, that’s what’s left from our awesome-being after we were dumped by SPW and Random00, their Elite Addicts Championship 2012 and their sacred prize pool of $400. Come on, last year we had more than half of the CWT participants donating and we still made less. Seriously, good job on the tournament, I really like the way you organize it.

We are competing in the eleventh year of this tournament and just last year we figured out that live streams have a real affection on the people. Maybe you remember CWT live streams of the last year—can’t bring off words that reflect what I felt back then. This year we’re taking it to the next stage. CWT users can have their own channels with a chat and features that will just make live streams even more thrilling. Maybe, if it works well during this year’s CWT, I will some time make it independent from CWT and roll it out to everyone’s access. TUS playoff games live streamed on CWT’s site.—Who knows?

I hope you’re a bit familiar with CWT and its recent websites. You took the step and snuck in to have a look at some pieces—yes, literally pieces—of the new website:

« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 08:37 PM by Zemke »

Re: Crespo’s Worms Tournament - a sneak peek
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 05:39 PM »
Nice. When sign-ups? Image link doesnt work, btw
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline Zemke

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 05:54 PM »
Whoops, I forgot to link it. Thanks for the info. You can sign up for CWT 2012 by October the 1st.

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 06:09 PM »
For a moment I was really scared that CWT and EAC are like big enemies now or something... :D So great that we have such really prestigious events in this community and I think that a little "friend rivalry" might actually help both of us take our tournaments to the next level.

Love your website, love your event, maybe by October I might actually like Intermediate as well, because let's be honest: you cannot miss out on something like this. :)

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 06:57 PM »
Cool dude ^^  :D

Offline Joschi

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 09:12 PM »
Nice words.

Did you know, that from 2002 until 2006, it was allowed during the cwt group stage to chose between Intermediate, Elite and other default schemes? In CWT lives also a little bit of Elite  :)

Mablak (2010) and Random00 (2008) showed, that you can bring excellent performances in both schemes.

Offline SPW

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 06:56 PM »
At least I'm not "scared" about it. :D

Anyway, its good there are other big events for w:a. I wish CWT Orga all the best by planing and a good running tourney later. And you can use features like the "Prediction Game" too, if you want. It works nice with EAC 2012 and gives some more power and spirit into the whole event. It was my idea, so take it. :)

Offline Zemke

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 11:36 PM »
Yes, Ray, I'm sure competition is good for business and as we can see we can grab ideas from each other. Not yet, though. Joschi expressed the idea of a prediction game last year already but it was only now built into the site. I had written it on CWT's site even before I saw it on EAC's site. - Okay the competition is starting.

Honestly, I don't see any competition at all. We don't even play the same scheme. And in spite of some superficial parallels I don't even see a similarity.

Thank you for your words and be sure, I follow your work on EAC. ;)

Offline Joschi

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 05:17 PM »
http://www.cwtsite.com/

We are online. For login, use your nickname/password from last year. In case of forgetfulness, contact us and we will reset your password.

See you there.

P.S. Usernames and passwords are case sensitive
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 05:21 PM by Joschi »

Offline Ray

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 07:17 PM »
Zemke, I meant competition in a way more like "ahhh look at them, that's so cool, we should also do that!!!", you know what I mean? :)

Offline darKz

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 08:02 PM »
That's a pretty neat site. Good luck with this year's CWT. :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Joschi

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 08:22 PM »
Thanks. When tourney has started and you are logged in, this site will surprise with cute applications. Sadly there are still 2 months to go  ::)

Offline Joschi

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 09:01 AM »

Offline Hussar

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 09:46 AM »
what i need to do to participate in this  ???

Offline Zemke

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 04:34 PM »
Hello Berria,

to sign up for Crespo's Worms Tournament 2012 you don't need to do more than just signing up. You can sign up starting on October 1.

See you,
www.cwtsite.com