Forums
May 08, 2024, 05:13 PM

Author Topic: Crespo's Worms Tournament 2010  (Read 3304 times)

Offline Joschi

Crespo's Worms Tournament 2010
« on: October 13, 2010, 10:23 AM »
Weeee, the first tourney with physical trophies & cash prize officially started. :-*

We are hosting the tourney at www.cwtsite.com and www.crespo2003.proboards.com

Offline Csongi

Re: Crespo's Worms Tournament 2010
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 03:31 PM »
woah,looks grate  :P

GL  ;)
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 09:18 PM »
Wow, I didn't remember CWT site to be so nice! I wish TUS looked like that! :-X But yea, I know, too many features and stuff... :P

Anyway, I would be really glad if the CWT championships were extended to other schemes than Intermediate, I would actually take part then! Like Elite or something. I'm not saying to replace - add both! As different tournaments of course... Would be awesome. :)

Offline magic

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 09:47 PM »
have a limit of players?

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 09:56 PM »
Sounds interesting. But how does it work ? Such as a league ?

Anyway, gj for the trophys, they rock. :)

PS:
Manual registrations are temporarily closed because most of the known players have already been registered.
Is this a private league ?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 10:02 PM by Abnaxus »
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline Ray

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 10:14 PM »
It's not private, they just don't allow annoying French people to register, they figured out to make a script for that somehow... ;D I'm just kidding.

It's not private, there is a preregistration, like when you sign up for a cup and then the group stages, knockout stages... pretty similar. They are already in the group stages in this year's tournament, so next chance to play is in a year, unfortunately. :(

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 10:20 PM »
Is it just intermediate scheme?

Offline Ray

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 10:22 PM »
Yes, only Intermediate. Correct me if I'm wrong though. ??? But I am almost certain that it's only Intermediate.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 10:23 PM »
Wow, I didn't remember CWT site to be so nice! I wish TUS looked like that! :-X But yea, I know, too many features and stuff... :P

Anyway, I would be really glad if the CWT championships were extended to other schemes than Intermediate, I would actually take part then! Like Elite or something. I'm not saying to replace - add both! As different tournaments of course... Would be awesome. :)

I don`t think this will ever happen Ray. After all this tournament is bound with great tradition, I can`t think of anything on worms that has such strong tradition as this tournament, so I don`t see why they would change it.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 10:30 PM »
It's not private, they just don't allow annoying French people to register, they figured out to make a script for that somehow... ;D I'm just kidding.
Whether it's a joke or not, please don't attach "French" to me (France died years ago).

It's not private, there is a preregistration, like when you sign up for a cup and then the group stages, knockout stages... pretty similar. They are already in the group stages in this year's tournament, so next chance to play is in a year, unfortunately. :(
Why there was nothing about it before ? I mean even on NNNL forum, there wasn't a topic on pre-registrations (correct me if I'm wrong).

Offline Joschi

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 11:53 PM »
Ahaha, so many replies now... Okey, I going to pick them up:

CWT is hosted since 2002 once in a year. Today we have the 9th remake, with random00, Zemke and me as hosters. It's true, in his origins there were played different schemes, but all schemes were normal based, like Inter, Elite, Pro, Classic... It's origins were still settled in WWP :p In between, Intermediate scheme  become accepted as the only scheme. In the meanwhile, NNN clan became a very important part of this tourney, so it's the consequence that we play since 2008 NNNL scheme. Last year we tried to play TNL scheme too, but the occured mess wasn't it worth. I think it's by far the most respected tourney in "Intermediates World". This year old fellas like SirGorash (NNN clan founder) appeared from inactivity only for training for CWT.

Anyway, the old generation (despite of Bytor) stopped playing at all. They just visit the forums from time to time. The tourney founder Crespo already donated 2003 - 2004 T-Shirts for the winners. This year we got a little break: New site, tourney hosters from "new generation" and prizes for the winners.

The participants list is strictly limited to 32 wormers. That's the reason why I didn't advertised the tourney anywhere, not in NNN forum neither here. I thought that these cups may attract a lot of people who didn't played a lot Intermediate in their life. And it's important to play a tourney with people you really know. I just wanted to play with wormers who are already familiarized with our community.

So far, I still have all three cups at my home  8) And the winner get a cash prize of around 70$

EDIT: 4 Abnaxus, there was a dedicated CWT thread in NNN forum, though only for administrative things: http://nnnclan.freeforums.org/crespo-s-worms-tournament-2010-t825.html
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 12:08 AM by Joschi »

Offline Zemke

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2010, 09:53 AM »
You didn't remember because it's a new website this year. Anyway, are you serious about that?
Ever since I was given the okay to make the new website for Crespo's Worms Tournament, I had a lot of ambitions to make the best tournament in Worms a present of the best website in Worms. Definitely in 2010 the biggest present was given by the donators though, the new website is only something that comes along with it.
In spite of lazyness other certain things made me not reaching all my goals. Still, in 2010 we have a bit more than the minimum of the site that CWT deserves. In 2010 the website acts as a predecessor for the website in 2011. New plans and new thoughts have already been set for 2011. So, we'll most likely have a new look in 2011 again.

Why there was nothing about it before ? I mean even on NNNL forum, there wasn't a topic on pre-registrations (correct me if I'm wrong).
It's kind of what Crazy said. This tournament is bound with great tradition that's why we were silent on it. We didn't want the less known players to take away the free spots from the well known players. The closing of the registrations has another reason. You can also be registered on the site without having to participate at the tournament, just like me.

The tournament system is quite similar to the Champions League. Group A to H, 32 players (there are even home and away games) > Two best of each group in playoff > Last sixteen, quarterfinal, semifinal, third place, final. Anyways, you'll figure out more on the site itself.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 02:47 PM »
EDIT: 4 Abnaxus, there was a dedicated CWT thread in NNN forum, though only for administrative things: http://nnnclan.freeforums.org/crespo-s-worms-tournament-2010-t825.html
Ho, must have missed that.

Offline Ray

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010, 03:45 PM »
Anyway, are you serious about that?
Serious about what? The compliment that it looks awesome and 100% easy to use, understand and find what you want? Yes, I was serious about that. :) It's a really nice job, one of the best designs I have seen for a league site (or cup, tournament, whatever). 8)