Forums
May 04, 2024, 01:10 AM

Author Topic: Help on schemes please  (Read 2543 times)

Offline CJ

Help on schemes please
« on: August 12, 2012, 08:33 PM »
OK, i'll simplify it... In my worms history ive always been a roper, and only recently in the last few months ive wanted to learn the default schemes, and while im learning them myself im in turn teaching them to my friends.... we have done bng, and i liek that scheme... so now its time to learn t17 and elite and any more....

could anyone give any tips rules etc etc?

all appreciated ty
My hometown rugby team Warrington Wolves won the 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup At Wembley and successfully defended the trophy by beating Leeds Rhinos 30-6 at Wembley on 28/08/10 and got the trophy back beating Leeds Rhinos 35-18 on 25/08/12... 3rd time in 4 years

Offline Alien

Re: Help on schemes please
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 08:37 PM »

Offline CJ

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 08:46 PM »
http://worms2d.info/Schemes

thank you, now i would like someone to learn off... test my skills on etc
My hometown rugby team Warrington Wolves won the 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup At Wembley and successfully defended the trophy by beating Leeds Rhinos 30-6 at Wembley on 28/08/10 and got the trophy back beating Leeds Rhinos 35-18 on 25/08/12... 3rd time in 4 years

Offline CJ

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 10:26 AM »
45 views and only 1 person has the courtesy 2 reply... pfft

Offline Husk

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 10:33 AM »
go to ag and ask tus?

Offline Alien

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 10:42 AM »
45 views and only 1 person has the courtesy 2 reply... pfft

t=133s

jk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this also could help you... click on a scheme and then on scheme explanation.

https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/

i would say, just go to #ag and host a scheme you would like to play, learning by doing. :D

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 11:25 AM »
CJ best way to learn is to play more and more. Once you got a grip of the whole concept of the scheme, you can ask people for details. What are you asking now is too general and those 45 viewers were too lazy to bother :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline CJ

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 06:06 PM »
CJ best way to learn is to play more and more. Once you got a grip of the whole concept of the scheme, you can ask people for details. What are you asking now is too general and those 45 viewers were too lazy to bother :)

thats the thing MI, i been playing T17 & Elite, yet just dont have a clue tactically what to do, how to do it etc, bng is alot lot easier.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 08:39 PM »
Go to wormnet and host such scheme.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Guaton

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 09:07 PM »
my advice to you is learn to play elite ...and the best way to learn elite is playing it a lot against skilled guys (then u can copy their moves or tactics)... it doesnt take that long as learning to rope , but if u dont play it often , ull learn nothing xD.

and then , t17 is gonna be easier to play for u , just gonna have to learn how to use all the weapons , but thats a silly thing that u can learn just watching the weapon being used once

Offline CJ

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 10:09 PM »
Go to wormnet and host such scheme.

such a task requires hosting buddy, which clearly deflects the skilled players etc, who out of you all really joins HB hosted games?

my advice to you is learn to play elite ...and the best way to learn elite is playing it a lot against skilled guys (then u can copy their moves or tactics)... it doesnt take that long as learning to rope , but if u dont play it often , ull learn nothing xD.

and then , t17 is gonna be easier to play for u , just gonna have to learn how to use all the weapons , but thats a silly thing that u can learn just watching the weapon being used once

Best bit i've read yet, thank you, however the only problem being, due to my lack of knowledge etc, i've found myself booted from a fair few elites/t17s.

Offline Guaton

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 10:56 PM »
we can play elite whenever u want if u catch me on snoop, just pm and ill host

Offline Guaton

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2012, 10:58 PM »
and yeah , playing leagues helps pretty much, ask for tus , pick elite or t17 and go for the win

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 02:35 AM »
Install WormKit and Host normally

http://worms.thecybershadow.net/wormkit/
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline avirex

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2012, 04:01 AM »
you dont need to host, in order to find a skilled game of elite...

you can very easily ask "elite anyone" and chances are you will find a skilled player who will want to play...

if that does not seem to work, play league games... you pick elite.

the best way to learn elite, is watch replays of some of the top elites, and really focus, and pay attention to what they do, make sure you understand why they did it... and also a good tip is, while your watching, see if you can think of a move/play that could have been better/smarter.... also, after you watch 2 top elites in a 1vs1, see if you can determine the reason the loser lost, what was his big mistake... what could he have done differently to have won the match...

keep in mind though, when your actually playing.. there is no hotseat time your 20 seconds start right away, thats half the battle of elite, thinking quickly, and executing perfectly.... so other then watching replays, the only thing you can do is play... practice makes perfect.

best general tips i can give you:  save your ropes, only use them when you can make big plays...  all transpertation utilities are golden.... (rope, para, tele... and bungee comes in handy too... so use them all wisely)

skunks are also great, you always want to skunk atleast 1 worm in your game... anytime you can skunk 2 worms you better do anything you can to make it happen, use 2 paras and a rope is thats what it takes.

and most importantly, what Mablak told me a long time ago... dont only think about what your going to do next..... but think about what your enemy will do next, so with that being said, knowing the worm order is extremly important at all times....

example: if you have a chance to make a dyno drop to plop a worm.... but if you do that, your enemy will come double skunk you next turn... as tempting as it is to go make that kill, its much smarter that you girder the enemy worm from coming to skunk you.

but, the tips, and examples, and situations are just too endless to continue on forums, you need to get to wnet and play to really learn.