Forums
April 26, 2024, 10:42 AM

Author Topic: Kami and crates  (Read 686 times)

Offline WTF-8

Kami and crates
« on: November 06, 2016, 02:05 PM »

I'm wondering why did it collect one crate and destroy the other crate. In this case I'd expect it to either destroy both crates or collect both crates, and what has it done is just confusing. I haven't found any documentation on Kamikaze's behaviour with crates, so I'll ask it there: what's the logic that determines whether kami would pick up or explode a crate?
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Kami and crates
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 04:10 PM »
If it always collect the first one, then it means it has a tiny timer for collecting. What happens if the first 2 crates are so close together?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Albino

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 05:51 PM »
kami's works like moles, they both destroy everything in the way they go.
i assume you are aware of that when you collect a crate there is always a little gap between you and the crate.
@ 1st crate: there is no hit because the worm that you are kami'ing is under the crate. but it is also in the grab range.
@ 2nd crate: you directly hit that crate.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 07:13 PM »
when you collect a crate there is always a little gap between you and the crate.
Didn't know. Makes sense. The longbow crate looks pretty close though.

and

I'm unable to see any sort of a gap there, and yet it was successfully collected for some reason. I guess it's because of health crate's little jumps that make major visual sprite shift without moving its collision mask. Problem solved
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural