Forums
May 01, 2024, 05:28 PM

Author Topic: MAP MAKERS!!  (Read 2477 times)

Offline avirex

MAP MAKERS!!
« on: July 26, 2010, 07:22 AM »
hey! lots of ppl been asking me about my ropers maps, and want me to make a pack.. so im going to do this.. but heres my question:

i make my maps inside w:a map generator, but then i want to somehow get the map to photoshop, or paint, and stamp my name on each map somewhere, how do export it to paint, then put it back to w:a?

any suggestions? thx

Offline Ray

Re: MAP MAKERS!!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 07:36 AM »
I don't know about that, since as far as I know, the map generator can convert .PNG into .BIT files. But there is a function, which allows you to put a template on a map. You need to put these into the User/Import folder.

I would try that, putting your name on it that way then convert it back to a .BIT file. If your name on that template file is black, it should work.

That is just an idea, I have never tried this.

Offline darKz

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 08:13 AM »
Go to WA map editor, load your map and then right-click the map preview button.. Then enter a name, then save the map - you'll get a PNG file automatically which you can edit in Photoshop or whatever program you like.. I think you can convert it back to .BIT (after editing) by using BITmonkey.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 08:15 AM by darKz »
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 08:16 AM »
Oh yea, I checked it, you don't really need BITmonkey after, you simply click the preview button again. Unless, of course, you put something colored on the map, then you probably need that program.

Offline avirex

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 02:35 PM »
ray: im not sure i understand what ur saying.. can u dumb that down for me? haha

and darkz, that does not work, i tried it b4 i made this original post, and photoshop or paint does not open the W:A.map files (.png) or whatever it is...

Offline darKz

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 02:50 PM »
Weird, it works perfectly fine for me.. Don't even need BITmonkey, like Ray said.. Something's wrong with your program then. :0
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 02:52 PM »
f@#! the name, if theyre randomish maps keep em clean!
worm and learn

Offline avirex

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 02:57 PM »
i want the name... u put ur name on ur rr maps dont u? until i erase then and edit my name b4 i play on them atleast :D

Offline avirex

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 03:06 PM »
it sez can not open C:/microporse/blah/blah blah/blah.bit because its not a valid photoshop document..... hmmm

Offline avirex

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 03:11 PM »
wtf how do i ever work bitmonkey! just downloaded it and when i try to open it it sez

BIT monkey must be run from your base Worms Armageddon or Worms World Party directory...

am i sposed to save it somewhere special or open it somewhere special what? PLZ heLPO meEeE :(

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 03:15 PM »
Copy the bit monkey program into your wa folder.

If you only need to convert the bit into png, you can load the bit into TUS map editor, then click on the "convert to png" link.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline avirex

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 03:37 PM »
ok that helped me a bit.. i was able to convert to png, then open in photoshop.. but when i put my name and saved it (again as a png) it sez i was invalid file not only on w:a but again when i tried to upload it on TUS map editor :\

Offline inzsome

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 04:39 PM »
You have to save it as a monochromatic bitmap, just reduce the colours to 2. Once you saved it, go to BITMonkey and convert the .BMP into .BIT.

Offline avirex

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 04:51 PM »
ok that can help... but im still not able to open bitmonkey.. i put it in main microprose folder and all.. sez some dll is missing or suttin

Offline avirex

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 04:59 PM »
here is the error i get when i try to open aBITmonkey   

Run-time error '339':

Componet 'comctl32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid