Forums
April 29, 2024, 11:24 AM

Author Topic: Question about Scrolling  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Teemto

Question about Scrolling
« on: August 12, 2012, 01:01 AM »
Not needed anymore, got it under control.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 04:12 PM by Baseline »

Offline franz

Re: Question about Scrolling
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 01:09 AM »
hmm, probably the safest way to scroll would be to never press up ever, but it will look and feel really slow.

you can press up early to get speed going, but after you have a good scroll started, sometimes all you need to press is left/right to keep it going.  my guess is you're hitting you head once you already have enough speed and you're still pressing up the same amount. try to do it less is my best advice.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 07:45 AM »
Baseline, just play some warmers with any experienced roper, ask them to give you some examples, and you will pick it up fast enough.

But in the end you wanna do what you feel most comfortable with, don't feel pressured into learning "fingerroll" or other styles if you are not comfortable with them, but then if that's what you wanna do then do it.

Here's the inevitable part, it mostly comes down to practise...

On the other hand, do you have 3-key lock? That is when you have up-right or up-left both held down and try pressing space, while at the same time, down+left or down+right may work, maybe you are hitting the roof constantly because you are not letting go of up or direction fast enough to miss the 3-key lock, if this is the case you can always find a keyboard with better sensitivity/reaction to your natural style, or, use a keychanger like me, my new keyboards spacebar is just horrible, so I remapped it to left control when I am roping, which works like a dream usually.

Offline theredi

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 12:42 PM »
just do a pump/kick ;D

Offline Teemto

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 07:43 PM »
@Redi, Yeah I can do those, but I prefer scrolling.

Also, thanks guys, I'll practice and see what works best.

Offline Teemto

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 08:06 PM »
Tried it a bit, here's my current roping =/ It's quite fast but I only need the control now.

EDIT: My scroll is now very fast, the only thing left to master is control. Thanks guys :).
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 01:27 AM by Baseline »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 06:47 AM »
By the way, what scheme are we talking about? TTRR / WxW / Warmer /  Roper or lol, Shoppa? Or maybe something else? Or just in general?

Offline ANO

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 09:13 AM »
Did you learn scroll in 1 day???
mmmmm

Offline Teemto

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 08:14 PM »
No I've been practicing scrolling for a while, but I finally have a good technique, also I'm talking about the RR scheme.