Forums
May 04, 2024, 02:15 AM

Author Topic: What the...?!  (Read 1246 times)

Offline CMV

What the...?!
« on: April 18, 2011, 10:51 AM »
Okay, check this shit out... I made a selfzook in an offline roper (0:45), and... I was like... What the f#@k?! 100?!
SÜN
SÜN
SÜÜÜN

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: What the...?!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 11:04 AM »
That's very rare. But it seems to be logic enough. Normally if you fall from top of the map, the damage will be 27-30hp. The zook exploded right above your head and give you more fall speed like you're falling from even higher ground and that resulted in more fall damage. But still very unlikely :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline CMV

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 11:08 AM »
Well, let's say 46 dmg from zook, and the very maximum FD, 27. That's 73 overall, so the remaining 27 had to be speed damage, I've never seen that. :D
SÜN
SÜN
SÜÜÜN

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 03:00 PM »
The maximum fall damage is actually 67 (limited by the worm movement speed limit), you just can't reach speeds high enough for it to happen without something exploding. At least not on a map with a height of only 696 pixels.

:P

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 07:50 AM »
Yeah speed damage :0. In many cases to be susceptible to speed damage you have to hit a side wall first, but you're also in susceptibility mode when on rope. And then when you hit the ceiling the speed damage is applied, based only on your vertical velocity I think.

If you just try flinging yourself up into the ceiling with rope, it's hard to do more than 18 in speed damage alone, but I guess with the aid of the zook, you got enough speed to do around 27. Definitely out of the ordinary though :V.